Notices

Sugar content

Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Sugar = carbohydrates. There you go! The closer to unrefined, the better the fiber and fiber keeps you full longer.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Any idea why tracking sugar content is only allowed with a paid membership?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

I was actually thinking that sugar is the alcohol because years ago when I did Atkins, they refer to sugar alcohols, and I know that most foods don't actually contain alcohol. Conversely, alcohols metabolize into sugars. I put my sugars in the alcohol section because I know that's what it is, and I like to track it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by noelminneci
Sugar = carbohydrates. There you go! The closer to unrefined, the better the fiber and fiber keeps you full longer.
I'm thinking that's not the answer because the FitDay values are so detailed (i.e it allows you to input % of magnesium, etc for example). I am more interested in getting a read on my daily/weekly intake of sugar than my Vitamin C or E.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlahobson
I was actually thinking that sugar is the alcohol because years ago when I did Atkins, they refer to sugar alcohols, and I know that most foods don't actually contain alcohol. Conversely, alcohols metabolize into sugars. I put my sugars in the alcohol section because I know that's what it is, and I like to track it.
I don't think that FitDay is doing that because you're not instructed anywhere to do so. But yes, I was thinking the same thing, just substitute sugar in another nutrients spot. Good idea, alcohol=sugar on my labeling now.

Also, I just glanced through another post and read that Sugar is counted in the premium-you-pay-for-it journal. Nothing wrong with that, everyone needs to make a living. For me, right now, free is good and I'll improvise.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

It does seem to work. I use a mac most of the time, and I think the pay for it version is for PC only anyway, but I sure do agree that right now free is good. What is the alcohol then? Is it actual alchohol content in a drink? or is it a reference to sugar alcohols?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default sugar content

I agree! Do you think that the sugar should be listed under that alcohol section?????????/
Old 08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I would like to watch the sugar, too. Is this just a trap by Fitday.com to force people to pay? What do they have to say about not including sugar which is a standard part of the food label?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by meranaam
Yes, I would like to watch the sugar, too. Is this just a trap by Fitday.com to force people to pay? What do they have to say about not including sugar which is a standard part of the food label?
I agree !!! "What's up with that"
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

For those foods that I want to track the sugar content, I've been customizing them and calling 'alcohol' the sugar content. I agree, that is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.