Notices

Sugar content

Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Support for sugar entry?

Does anyone know if there are plans to add support for sugars entry? I think this is KEY to weightloss since it is the driver for most weight gain. Also would be helpful for diabetics to track their food intake. A lot of foods are including this important information now.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Originally Posted by LarryfromCA
Does anyone know if there are plans to add support for sugars entry? I think this is KEY to weightloss since it is the driver for most weight gain. Also would be helpful for diabetics to track their food intake. A lot of foods are including this important information now.
from what I have heard thru the FD grapevine that there IS a sugar category only it is NOT on the free online version. If you subscribe to the paid FitDay program...it is available. Maybe we can wait for someone who is paying for FD to confirm that rumour? Carren
Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I own the paid download version, and though there are more features than the online version, it is not there. Very weird. I know it's the belief that fat makes you fat, as opposed to carbs and sugar, but it would be a nice feature. If anybody finds it, or knows of future developments/alternatives would be much appreciated.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Boy, would that be helpful. Is the paid version of FD worth it? Could you explain the paid version of FD so we could see what we are missing.
Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

I paid for the paid version and I love it but there is no place that I can see for sugar! I wish there was!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Well the main reason I have it is because your journal entries and food entries aren't forever, over a period of several months/years, older entries on the website are culled. I got the PC version in case anything happened to my web access, I could still track my weight and calories.

They are pretty similar other than what I described, you can also track your diet by nutrient and input values and set multiple weight goals. You can also backup. I like it, but I like it, but I can see the advantage of the web version. I used to use it. You can also sync it to the web version.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I too would like to see a sugar entry included. Because my mom and grandmother are both diabetic, I am trying to eat healthier, and sugar is one of the items on a food label that I pay attention to. When I joined last weekend, I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that sugar doesn't seem to matter when, as already stated, it's something that many people pay attention to.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Sometimes sugars are referred to as sugar alcohol; however, I was reading this post to see if that is what fit day meant.
I am assuming alcohol meant sugar alcohol until I did the math. Sugar alcohol is usually 1.5-3cal per gram and fit day has it as a multiple of 7.
Therefore, I am not sure if alcohol refers to alcohol (beer, mixed drinks, etc.) or the sugar alcohol and fit days calculations are off. Thanks for any insight someone can provide.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

I just came here asking the same question. I've been using this off & on for a couple of years & always wondered why sugar isn't listed.
AFAIK, it's the most important thing to cut out when trying to lose weight!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Absolutely.......

[deleted]

Last edited by Angelstation; 10-07-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.