Notices

Sugar content

Old 05-27-2011, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FutureizNow
"Read before posting a request. There are a number of things that we are working on to make FitDay a better, more user friendly site. Some things will take longer than others, so please be patient."

Mike?

I can respect this. I am in IT and have been responsible for maintenance of products in the past. Further, at least just starting out, I am not a paid client, so really am entitled to very little.

But that said, is it possible to see a list of the known defects and planned enhancements for the Web site? Then if a problem is not being addressed I would be happy to bring it to your attention.

For example, I searched and did not find any thing mentioned about the "Customize this food" option. This allows you to create a custom food based on an already existing food, by changing its name and nutritional character. The feature is enabled however does not create any custom food which I can see. I doubt it is added to the main database (have to double check now) because the original food is added to your daily food list after creating the new customized food. That's just one example.

I can understand that some features you may not want to publish because of competition issues, however basic/minor functionality issues and status are usual to publish in one place so that we don't spin our wheels searching and reporting things, in an effort to make the site more useful to ourselves and more valuable to you.

Is this something that you see value in?

Thanks!
We do have a list of things that will be changing but I don't believe that we can publish it yet. I'll check again to see if it can be posted.

I know I may sound rude when I post the link to the sticky instead of giving the generic "we are working on it." but there are several topics that come up on a regular basis, tracking sugar happens to be one of them.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
We do have a list of things that will be changing but I don't believe that we can publish it yet. I'll check again to see if it can be posted.

I know I may sound rude when I post the link to the sticky instead of giving the generic "we are working on it." but there are several topics that come up on a regular basis, tracking sugar happens to be one of them.
Not taken as rude.

Something is better than nothing for sure.

The things that you are actually changing in the next release are good to know.

The things that have been reported and some awareness of their state such as
pending confirmation, confirmed/rejected, confirmed/pending would be helpful.

Do you know for example if the issue that I raised has been raised elsewhere? I can not find it.

Thank you,
FIN
Old 05-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

FIN,

These changes aren't going to come all at once. Some will come before any major updates and others may take more time.

As far as your issue, were you referring to editing a food in our database for use as a custom food in your lists of foods? If so, that can already be done. If you need to know how to do it or how to make a custom food to be weighed (gram, ounce, etc) or measured (cup, tbsp, etc) just let me know.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Right. I see that "customize this food" from your database can be done. However, when I do it, the food isn't added with the changed nutritional information. Not to the food list, not to the custom list and not to the nutritional database. I tried changing the food name and not changing it.
What am I doing wrong?

I'm pressing the "create" button at the bottom after changing the fields that I want to.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

FIN,

It works fine for me like that. Is it possible that you are overlooking it?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
FIN,

It works fine for me like that. Is it possible that you are overlooking it?
Mike,

No, I am sure it came up with the original item after "create" was pressed.
I had modified the name and values and nothing was different.
It does work now though which it the main thing.

I'll let you know if I encounter the same problem again or others.

Cheers,

FIN
Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

no problem.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Re: Sugar

I'm new on here and was also dismayed to find that there is no category for tracking sugar - this seems like a pretty crucial thing to track as it would be nice to know just how much sugar I am consuming in a day. Any word on this from the administrator yet? I see that nothing has been done since 2010.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Here! Here! I agree.
Please track sugar. Please and carrots!
I joined FD so I can track my sugar intake as well as all my carbs, but now I'm sad the ability isn't here....yet!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I agree. Even for those who are not diabetic, tracking sugar intake is very important and should be included as one of the main nutrients. Please add!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.