FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Custom Foods recipes how do you add them (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/1252-custom-foods-recipes-how-do-you-add-them.html)

qtkeesha 06-07-2010 01:11 AM

Custom Foods recipes how do you add them

Hi Is it possible to take for instance. My home made granola put in all the ingredients for the recipe and then choose it in 1/4 cup serving and get the right calories and fat and such? I don't know the program to well and would really like to put my own foods in.

dmuze1721 06-07-2010 05:05 AM

Creating custom foods

Can you create a custom food using the ingredients already posted on the website? For example, can you create tuna salad sandwich with (whole wheat bread + drained tuna + egg + light mayo + celery)?

cjohnson728 06-07-2010 10:13 AM

I don't think FitDay has that function, but you can go to this website [removed link] to get the nutrition information and then load that in as a custom food. When you get to calculating number of servings, just measure your recipe out to see how many 1/4 cup servings are in it, put that in the box for number of servings, and that should give you your nutrition info. Hope that made sense.

qtkeesha 06-07-2010 11:19 AM

Thank you for that link and how to do it, and that sure does make sense. Have a great day.

mecompco 06-08-2010 12:59 AM

I don't think there is any EASY way to do this. I usually just use the "Recent Foods" to add the ingredients individually.

If you are going to eat the same thing often, you can manually add up all the nutrients (or better yet, make a spreadsheet to add them for you) and enter the totals into a custom food that way, which I have done for some of my favorite recipes.

alice6065 06-09-2010 04:53 AM

YES!! But it takes going to another great website first.

Go to [link removed] and enter your recipe. It will generate the nutrition info per serving depending on how many servings you say it makes. Then you can use that resulting info to create a custom food.:)

jenkline75 06-15-2010 03:14 AM

I was just coming to ask this very same question. Thanks for the info!:)

lvjeepguy 07-16-2010 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just built a simple spreadsheet with some formulas.

Basically goes like so:

-Add the total oz. of all the ingredients used
-Enter nutritional stats per serving, then multiply by total # of servings per container/package
-Total each stat (i.e.: all ingredients in pan = XXX Calories, etc...)
-Weigh out your serving size in oz.
-Calculate your serving as % of total weight in oz.
-Multiply nutritional stats by your serving size %

I think it's pretty accurate. I'm happy to e-mail my example...I made a simple ground beef and canned veggie dish to test it.

(cool...was able to zip and attach it)
Attachment 29

ZivaChloe 08-04-2010 03:57 AM

That was my question also! Thank you for your help!

ibarton65 09-16-2010 06:24 AM

Thanks so much for the info. It'll save alot of time.