FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   How do I narrow down a food search? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/124-how-do-i-narrow-down-food-search.html)

rmdaly 01-11-2010 02:28 PM

How do I narrow down a food search?

How do I narrow down a food search? It seems like if I add more than one word, I get more entries returned than the one word.

Is there a tutorial or "getting started" guide about how to search most effectively?

Thanks,

Bugguts 01-15-2010 02:23 AM

I've wondered the same thing. It's frustrating when you type in "Beef stew" and both of those words aren't included in the results.

I've tried using quotes, I've tried using a plus sign. Neither works.

I've received ten pages of results, with my search words not even being in the top results. Having to search thru multiple pages and finding "beef stew" scattered thru all ten pages is maddening.

Why can't a boolean search be used in Fitday?

missmaggieelizabeth 01-15-2010 06:45 AM

I have had the same problem. Maybe some one will chime in that has figured it out. I know you can fill in custom foods but then you have to go look it up on the internet to find it. All takes time and frustration. AND some say look at the packages. Very little of what we eat comes in a package with nutritional labeling. I buy staples and make up 95 % of our meals. Not much prepackaged stuff here.

Maggie

Bugguts 01-16-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by missmaggieelizabeth (Post 1031)
Very little of what we eat comes in a package with nutritional labeling. I buy staples and make up 95 % of our meals. Not much prepackaged stuff here.

Maggie

I'm applauding you over here, hope you can hear it! That's fabulous!

katje 11-27-2018 05:03 AM

Almost nine years later, Fitday has NOT addressed this issue. It seems Fitday makes NO improvements, ever. Sorry, but simple boolean searching is not too much to ask. Instead, every added search term is treated as an "any" search. Chick pea curry gets anything with chick, chick pea, pea, or curry.

getsluce 02-28-2019 09:47 AM

Looks like I will need to find a better site to track my foods. I have never seen a system so poorly built. Type in tomato and good luck.

Kathy13118 03-01-2019 01:19 AM

On the page where you log your food, look at the very top. The interface that is 'fitday2' is much better when it comes to searches. The search for 'beef stew' worked fine. On the other hand, if you have 'Fitday Classic' in that spot at the very top of the page, you are using the older interface and that search for 'beef stew' does give wonky results as you describe. Clicking on 'Fitday Classic' will change the interface to 'fitday2' and you can get a better search for beef stew. If for any reason, you want to switch back for a while to classic, click on that same spot to flip back. It doesn't affect your data, it's just the interface.