Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hags101
Hello.... I do not see any way of customizing an activity (or adding a new one). Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi there,
would love to set up a special activity here... it's called Kangoo Jumping and I burn 1000 sometimes even more a session (depending on what I do) it's amaaazing! However, I cannot find the activity here.
btw. guys, if you really want to lose weight, tone your body, protect your knees and have fun while working out check out this amazing thing here it has changed my life

and please fitday-team, can you please integrate this kind of exercise cause I do it all the time and there is nothing that can be compared to it. THANK YOU!!!
Have a great day!
AngelikA

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-13-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Removed link; violates terms of use
Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default +1 for adding custom activities - Krav Maga

I do anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a week, and it would be great to be able to add that in properly.

I notice in previous posts someone stated beta testing for a new version would be available soon, but that was in November 2011..
Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

They need to add pilates to the activity list.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default How to add a custom exercise

I don't measure my walking in minutes, I do it in miles. There is no calorie burn total for that. Can I add a custom exercise?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you! I would like to see different styles of yoga, especially Vinyasa, Ashtanga and hot yoga which burn more calories than what is listed.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Customize Activities?

Is there no way to customize activities? The selections are VERY limited in actual exercises (though very thorough for off the wall things like driving, shopping, etc.).

An elliptical burns more calories than a treadmill, but there's no way to add something like that. Also, there's no way to add calories burned while running on a treadmill at various inclines and speeds.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

thanks ...
Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Customizing Activities

I see the last post in this thread was a few months ago. From the looks of it the software still doesn't allow customization. Treadmills have their own calibrations and metrics, so it would be nice if we could input our own data as well as add our own activities.

I am not expecting any responses as I think a saw some tumbleweed rolling there yonder. I don't see the point of a forum with no moderation?

PS - I'm actually tracking my worksouts in Runtastic. PIA if you ask me.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Customizing Activities

toncas, using these forums really does feel like shouting into the wind. Custom activities would be great. I've noticed that the "activity" database seems to treat all yoga as if it's gentle stretching, with no allowance for vigorous, vinyasa-based styels.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a technical person so I don't know how it would be done. Do other websites give you the option to customize activities? I wouldn't even know the various calorie expenditures for different types of yoga. Wouldn't it have to be measured differently than, say, stationary cycling or running?

Offhand, if you can't customize, is it possible to find an equivalent activity that is already part of the database and use that as a proxy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.