Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Activity not in database:  How to customize an existing activity? >

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Community
Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default miles walked

Hey is there an option or place to log simply the miles that you walk in a day. Not so much really for counting toward activities but just to record it. I wear my pedometer while at work to track how many miles I put in in 8 hours, but can't really count it as an activity since it's kind a factored in to my lifestyle. I just want to be able to report it somewhere as either steps taken or miles walked. Any help would be great!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

A University of South Carolina website has the most comprehensive listing of energy expenditure for various activities that I have seen.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

I use "ski machine" for the arc trainer that I do (similar to an elliptical machine), and use aerobics dancing in place of the kundalini yoga and pilates I do. I would also like to see "health club circuit training" for the weight machines at the gym, or "strength training", something along those lines. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

hh:mm
HH is for the hour and mm is for minutes.

In order to put in 2 hours and 50 minutes type it like this 02:50 You have to put the : colon you can't just use a period.

You don't have to put miles if you put time, but you can put miles instead of time if you know what they are.

As far as activities, I am using the PC version now and have not yet seen how to customize activities. I haven't looked very hard either though.

Chey
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cheylynn
hh:mm
HH is for the hour and mm is for minutes.

In order to put in 2 hours and 50 minutes type it like this 02:50 You have to put the : colon you can't just use a period.

You don't have to put miles if you put time, but you can put miles instead of time if you know what they are.

As far as activities, I am using the PC version now and have not yet seen how to customize activities. I haven't looked very hard either though.

Chey
Chey, on your PC version you can customize activities from the activites tab....top menu bar to add a customized.....or edit an existing activity from the "Action" drop down menu
Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Add Spinning

I take spinning class 3x a week and have to enter under biking. While similar, I would think spinning would be an option.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

I also have a Heart Rate Monitor so I know the exact cals I have burned and I wish I could just enter my own custom exercise with my own custom calories. Surely heaps more people on here have HRMs.

^to above poster isn't there a stationary biking option? (eg, the bikes in the gym)
Old 03-21-2010, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Add an Activity

I agree, there needs to be a way to add additional activities like you can food. Try just using the running as a calculation of what your doing. I stay on the low side of my calculations. ie. When I use the eliptical machine for 30 mins, the machine says I burned 400 cal.

I use the running at moderate levels for an adjusted time period to equate to 75% what the eliptical machine said that I burned. (I dont trust the machine as much as I have been trusting FitDay.) By staying at 75% of what the machine is saying im erroring on the side of pushing myself and not giving myself a false sense of accomplishment.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitday_jim
I just thought of a possible enhancement that might work. What if we just added a way to enter extra calories in your activity chart? So, in the case where you know the machine told you that you burned 300 calories, you could just enter an extra 300 calories without having FitDay do the calculation for you?
I like this idea too. Any news on it, Jim?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

How about something for the P90X users?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.