Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

It would be great to be able to add breast feeding for a custom activity. I would like to have a custom activities feature added as well. We have already put that request in to Admin.

For now you may want to use an another activity to add those calories in since you burn about 20 calories for every oz. of breast milk your body produces.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

The fact that you can't manually enter calories burned is a major shortcoming. I use a heart rate monitor and know exactly how many calories I burned in a particular activity. It would be much easier and more accurate if I could simply enter this number in. Better yet, it would be great if this information could be automatically transferred from Garmin Connect.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mcavaretta
The fact that you can't manually enter calories burned is a major shortcoming. I use a heart rate monitor and know exactly how many calories I burned in a particular activity. It would be much easier and more accurate if I could simply enter this number in. Better yet, it would be great if this information could be automatically transferred from Garmin Connect.
as far as transferring from Garmin, I haven;t heard anything on this one, but I am still being told that a "Custom Activities" should be here soon. I hope so.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Breastfeeding?

I wasn't sure where to put this....
Is there a way to put that you are breastfeeding as a woman requires more calories when nursing a baby?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default More activities needed for tracking

Dear FitDay,

I cannot seem to find gym classes like a regular cardio/aerobics one, a spinning class, step aerobics, etc. Please advise which ones to use or when you will add such cardio workouts to the mix. Other websites have them so I'm stunned you don't. Are they hiding somewhere?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay exercise updates - not likely anytime soon...

But, maybe they'll get to it sooner rather than later... I found something under stationary cycling, and aerobics (dacing?) that might be of help. Sometimes you have to "translate" a little to get some data you can use...
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Breastfeeding in Activities?

I'm still nursing my baby but I can't find breastfeeding in activities. Since I'm burning right around 400 calories/day right now, this is pretty significant. Is there a way to create an activity?? And no, I'm not harshly dieting or exercising, and no, it will not affect my breastmilk.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hot Yoga

Yes. Please add HOT YOGA to the activities (Bikram, Hatha, Power). For my weight, I'm burning 839 calaries in 1 hour
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
FitDay Jim hasn't posted in over two months. There has been no activity from moderators at all in quite some time.

You may want to send something via email through the "Contact FitDay" link at the bottom of the page, as it is apparent that they are not active on the discussion boards.
Unfortunately I have sent multiple requests to Admin (so have the two other ACTIVE moderators) and we can’t seem to get a straight answer. We were being told that the changes are coming, but now we can’t even get a reply from Admin. I’m beginning to believe that since “Los Tres Amigos” can’t do much other than rid the board of spammers that this place really is running on auto pilot as others have mentioned.

Internet Brands and Admin seems to have dropped the ball, once again. Maybe FitDay isn’t a big concern for them, which is a shame. Maybe, just maybe if they took the time to read some of the threads and meet some of the people here they’d realize how many lives this site has changed. Maybe that would light a fire under someone’s ass and they’d get busy making the changes that are needed to keep FitDay competitive with the other sites that are out there.

I almost feel bad for airing this out here but I originally brought this up in private and got NO response, other than from the other two moderators. Maybe changes are coming, I don’t know. If they are it is coming at a snail’s pace. I can’t continue to make excuses for someone else that lacks the ambition to see this site prosper. I owe IB or Admin NOTHING. I am a volunteer and a damn good one, and so are mecompco and vabeachgirlNYC. I will continue to moderate (I guess be a “spaminator”) for the members of FitDay, b/c that’s all I can do. I truly hope that we don’t start to lose our active members, not because it has any affect on my wallet (b/c it doesn’t) but b/c I consider this community to be a family.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

I appreciate the work all three of you do.

A couple times in the past days when I've logged on, there's been a survey pop up about whether or not it wold be beneficial to have access to dieticians via FitDay. So someone is doing something, somewhere, but IMO there are bigger priorities...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.