Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Not cool

I just paid the premium membership today and I'm seriously thinking of canceling it because of the lack of activities listed and the lack of an advanced food search. I had a bagel today and could not find whipped cream cheese, and had to look through 10 pages to realize it.

Hey Jim. I noticed you replied to this thread several months ago, whats the progress?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Hey Jim,

In January you said:

Also, keep up the suggestions for which activites to add to our database. I will do special searches for these activities and try to find some studies with good data.

Thanks again! We love the suggestions.[/QUOTE]

It's April and not one of the requested activities has been added and there is still no way to add or customize activity calories. This seems to be a continual failure and giant disappointment with Fitday.

I had been considering purchasing the premium membership back in January, but the lack of customer service for free or paying clients makes it seem less worthwhile.

I appreciate that solutions take time, and are sometimes hard to implement, but at least have the courtesy to put an update on the forum for all of your users who are waiting for a solution/response.

I gave Fitday a chance. Maybe now I'll give someone else a chance.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen an Admin post in over a month...was that just something they did when they launched the forums?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,
I'm new here and am still finding my way round the site.
I'm a bit of a gym class junkie and can't seem to find activities that relate to the classes I do.
I usually do 3 body pump classes a week, 2 cross training, 1 kick boxing and 1 yoga.
What do I put in the activities section for the days I do these?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

That sounds like a fair compromise. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Question Calories Burned

Is there a way that I can add my own number for the calories burned on
a particular activity? I'd rather use the number from my cycling computer
then the number supplied by FITDAY
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Simple Solution

Originally Posted by pkoutoul
I like this idea too. Any news on it, Jim?
Originally Posted by fitday_jim
I just thought of a possible enhancement that might work. What if we just added a way to enter extra calories in your activity chart? So, in the case where you know the machine told you that you burned 300 calories, you could just enter an extra 300 calories without having FitDay do the calculation for you?

Give me some feedback on whether that would help. It would get around FitDay needing to know every activity, but isn't quite as convenient.

There's been no response to this. Where is the admin? This is a simple enhancement. We can do our own research and enter the calories burned ourselves avoiding all the issues raised.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

FitDay Jim hasn't posted in over two months. There has been no activity from moderators at all in quite some time.

You may want to send something via email through the "Contact FitDay" link at the bottom of the page, as it is apparent that they are not active on the discussion boards.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mberry2
Is there a way that I can add my own number for the calories burned on
a particular activity? I'd rather use the number from my cycling computer
then the number supplied by FITDAY

99% of those built in calories burned numbers are very overestimated and wrong.. so i wouldnt even bother reading that number
Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidsky561
99% of those built in calories burned numbers are very overestimated and wrong.. so i wouldnt even bother reading that number
That's why I asked the question. I know the calories burned numbers are wrong. My question is specifically how can I enter my own numbers.

Do you know how?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.