Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default How do I add weight training to activities.

When I type in weight training there are 3 additional selections freeweight, universal, and circuit training.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default weight lifting exercises

I type weight lifting into the activities and it gives me 3 selections for input. It doesn't track amt of wt that I lift but when I input a time for the session it will give me a calorie expenditure. I hope this is what you were referring to.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

activities>activity browse>conditioning
Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Self-defense

I'm new to this site, and I'm only going to try this for a week or two (a friend suggested it), but I noticed a something here that bothered me a bit: there is no activity listing for a self-defense class. I know it must be difficult to add activities, and I can appreciate the selection you already have, but my defense class is one of the few significant physical activities that I manage to get in the week. I know it's a broad term, but assuming you do the usual (rolling, kicking, punching, getting up and down), maybe you could add some middle ground? I won't be here long, but I hear that defense classes are very popular these days, so I'm sure that others might appreciate it as well if you were to consider adding this activity. It would be a great help!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm new to fitday as well and was surprised that you didn't have some activities.

Calculating additional calories would be confusing for me as I have no idea how many calories I have burned during my pilates practice, or during a day of rock climbing (to be fair I haven't checked to see if rock climbing is an exercise option here... but if you don't have yoga or pilates... I'm guessing you don't have climbing either)

I would love to see the following activities added to exercise:
mat pilates (beginner)
mat pilates (intermediate)
mat pilates (advanced)
pilates reformer (beginner, intermediate and advanced as well)
rock climibing (rappelling)
rock climbing (assent)
rock climbing (bouldering)
power yoga
bikram yoga
ayengar yoga
kundalini yoga

Thank you so much!! Let us know as soon as you are able to get these added
Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

OH... ok... nevermind about the rock climbing... I see that you have that after all. You don't have bouldering though, so if you could still add that one, it would be super sweet.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

I would love a custom exercise option, like the custom food one. I use a heart rate monitor and it gives me calories burned, and it's often not consistent with what's on the site, so I'd like the option of tweaking the activities that are already on here via a custom option.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by snolyzard
Hello FitDay Administrators!
I have seen other people post about this frustration of mine, so I wanted to make sure to bring it to your attention...

Could we update the activities section? For example, Pilates, other types of yoga (Power Yoga), Elliptical Trainer? Also would it be possible to enter in your own "calories burned" for a custom activity?

Other members, please add to this thread with other activities you'd like to see added if it was possible...

Thanks!
Holly
I am a new premium member. Please adhere to our request to add our own activities on to our log sheets according to our heart rate monitors stats. This is quite important to me to get an absolute correct display of my activities. Ilse Botha
[email protected]
Old 02-18-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default My suggestion for "Activities" no listed

The suggestion made by Fitday-Jim back in November of 2009 is right on. To have an activity listed as "extra calories burned" or something of that nature for those of use that use machines that take into account our wight and age. It could be set up so that a unit of measure = a set amount of calories, whether that set amount be 1, 10, 25 would not matter (smaller would be better). Even if the only unit of measure available is minutes it could work.

100 minutes = 100 calories

Right now I just enter my activities like this as "Walking" and adjust my time till the calories come out correct or close. It doesn't matter to me if the amount of time is correct, just the calories burned.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yapatus
The suggestion made by Fitday-Jim back in November of 2009 is right on. To have an activity listed as "extra calories burned" or something of that nature for those of use that use machines that take into account our wight and age. It could be set up so that a unit of measure = a set amount of calories, whether that set amount be 1, 10, 25 would not matter (smaller would be better). Even if the only unit of measure available is minutes it could work.

100 minutes = 100 calories

Right now I just enter my activities like this as "Walking" and adjust my time till the calories come out correct or close. It doesn't matter to me if the amount of time is correct, just the calories burned.
This is what I do. I track time and miles on a different cycling site but like this one for the calorie tracking and reports. So on Fitday it doesn't matter to me what the time is, just the caloric expenditure.

Still, I think it's odd that you can't just include a user-defined activity. Most of the other sites I've looked at (caloriecount, dailyplate, etc.) all have this feature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.