Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitday_jim
I just thought of a possible enhancement that might work. What if we just added a way to enter extra calories in your activity chart? So, in the case where you know the machine told you that you burned 300 calories, you could just enter an extra 300 calories without having FitDay do the calculation for you?

Give me some feedback on whether that would help. It would get around FitDay needing to know every activity, but isn't quite as convenient.
I would like it to be added as well but the best thing I've found is to tweek the time so that the calorie matches as close as possible.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Frankly, I had made fun of people who thought they would get a real workout on the Wii Fit. Yesterday, my son ran me through the Wii Fit Plus mountain bike, rythmic boxing, hula hoop, obstacle course, and driving range. It took about a half hour and I must admit there was an aerobic workout involved. And it was fun.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, I use the Elliptical trainer, treadmill with an incline, and also take Tai Chi 2 days a week. It would be awesome to see those things added and to also be able to add how many calories you burned/incline/resistance/etc.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

There are other software online which does have that feature. All it asks is our weight and height and it estimates calories burned so we can create our custom exercise. I think it's a necessary feature since it would be impossible for you to find every exercise everyone uses. Let us input it. That is the only thing your software is missing, as well as a pie chart for your custom nutrition.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:18 AM
fitday_jim

Hi mama2J08. You are right. Pregnant and nursing women have very specific nutrient and calorie requirements that FitDay does not handle. We explicitly don't support women who are pregnant and nursing. It's not that we don't want to help, its just hard to get an official set of guidelines for this group and we do not want to ever give wrong information for such an important part of your life.

So, FitDay information will not be correct for you and you should probably check in with a healthcare professional for this info.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitday_jim
I just thought of a possible enhancement that might work. What if we just added a way to enter extra calories in your activity chart? So, in the case where you know the machine told you that you burned 300 calories, you could just enter an extra 300 calories without having FitDay do the calculation for you?

Give me some feedback on whether that would help. It would get around FitDay needing to know every activity, but isn't quite as convenient.
I think this would be great. For example, yesterday I worked out on the eliptical trainer and it has a feature to enter your weight and age and it calculates everything for you and shows your where you target heart rate is, etc...

At the end of the workout it shows you a workout summary with your total time, calories burned, distance, etc... I think those are the three main important components of any workout summary. It would be nice just to have a function to enter those as a customized activity. I just wrote the workout summary down and when I got home I did the best I could to adjust the time on the standard option available to get it as close to the calorie burn I had from the workout summary.

Last edited by mhunter1222; 01-20-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added to
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

I have read that you burn 20 calories for every ounce your baby takes in. so I created my own little way of tracking to supplement my calorie defecit. I only nurse at night but I have a 6 month old who is taking in about 18 oz over the course of an evening. for me that is a spendiature of about 360 calories so I create and activity that equals that amount.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

I just began, so i cant help much. there is a custom bar to add activity on left.

also my question is: what does hh:mm mean on activity chart?
I want to enter jog/walk and if I put in 02.50 (which means 2 hours, 5o minutes
I think) it wont take it...it keeps reverting back to .2o.

can anyone explain this feature? Do I put in miles or will it fill that out for me?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default whieght lifting exercises

How do I log in wieght lifting exercises. and where do I keep that log any help please.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default How do I add weight training to activities?

Hi all

I am new to this, but I've been trying to log everything so far and I'm getting really stuck on adding my weight training to the activities.

When I put in weight training to search "running while pushing a wheelchair, training"
came up..! I was wondering if many people take this up as exercise..?!!?! haha

No seriously, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.