Community
Notices

Getting kicked out when posting

Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Default Getting kicked out when posting

Recently, I can't get in to post on a thread. I've tried several browsers, and now, in Internet Explorer, it is still glitchy, and sporadically pops up asking me to login and then doesn't keep the login information, even though I've been 'logged in' all along in other sections of the website (food log, for example...)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

This has been a widespread problem over the past week or two.

From Admin:
Since the weekend, we have had an unprecedented load on our database as new users have signed up and started logging food in droves. We actually added a brand new server box on Monday, and the tech team continues to troubleshoot issues with getting it fully synched with the rest of the servers (which is why some issues may be sporadic-- if a user logs in and happens to get the twitchy server, they may see issues; they they may log out & log back in and hit the old servers and be fine).

They are well aware of it and Mike and I have been communicating the frustration...and it is happening to us, too. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Here are suggestions:

1. Be sure to try the method suggested by the devs if you can, which is: always keep a FD tab open in your browser. That *should* allow you to stay logged in for days at a time.

2. On any machine you have trouble logging in/staying in on, try this:

- Go to forums specifically
- Manually or otherwise delete all cookies while on that page

Tech believes it's that you have received a bad cookie and this will clear it.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks. I'll try those methods, although it does seem to have improved somewhat. As evidenced by the fact that I can post this.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Any further issues with this?

Paul