Notices

Premium Member-Still getting adverts!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Premium Member-Still getting adverts!

I am a premium member; however, I am still getting ads when I choose the "articles" tab. I also continue to see prompts to upgrade to premium membership. Why is this so?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ndmckenzie
I am a premium member; however, I am still getting ads when I choose the "articles" tab. I also continue to see prompts to upgrade to premium membership. Why is this so?
Can you try clearing your browser cache?

You'll probably still see the Premium indicator at the top -- are you seeing other prompts too?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you try clearing your browser cache?

You'll probably still see the Premium indicator at the top -- are you seeing other prompts too?
I cleared my cache and took a fresh look. After I have logged in, I choose the "articles" tab and the articles are accompanied by advertisements on the right hand sidebar. For example, "This man weighs 170 lbs and can bench 420 lbs. See what amazing things a group of Cambridge doctors..." This is the type of ad to which I'm referring. Because I am a Premium Member, I had understood that there would be no ads. Is this correct?

I notice that when I transition from my login home page to "Articles" tab, in the upper right corner there is a tab to log in. Do I need to log in separately in the "Articles" section to avoid the ads?

Actually, I just tried the login from "Articles". When I login, I am returned to the home screen where I return to "Articles" and there are still adverts.

Last edited by ndmckenzie; 01-04-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Additional comments/ information
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Ah, I have the answer.

Because the technology used in the Articles tab is different from the rest of the site, that page does not track whether you are even logged in, so the ads will always show up. On the rest of the site, Premium keeps the ads away

Paul
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Seems like a reason for not going premium then when the ads are still there..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by slothir
Seems like a reason for not going premium then when the ads are still there..
In the Articles section only. Not on food/activity logging, forums, charts, or anywhere else -- any only temporarily.