Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
Confused on how many calories I should have a day? >

Confused on how many calories I should have a day?

Community
Notices

Confused on how many calories I should have a day?

Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Confused on how many calories I should have a day?

I'm a 15 year old girl who plays competitive tennis. I practice for 90 mins everyday and have tournaments every weekend plus im doing weight training. Calorie calculators say i should eat around 2500 but I tried eating that much for a week and I gained a pound of fat i'm pretty sure. I can maintain at 1800 calories but I feel like I should be eating more. What do you thinK?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Nicole, my guess is that the 2500 would be more accurate than the 1800, unless you're really on the tiny side. Being young, being athletic, and with that much of a workout (cardio and weights), you should be a calorie burning machine. It seems hard to believe you would add a pound of fat in a week. There are a lot of things that can cause weight to fluctuate; maybe water retention for one. Make sure what you eat is healthy (fruits, veggies, lean protein, healthy fats) and you should be good. Keep an eye on it for another week and see what happens, would be my first thought.