FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/)
-   -   Fitday Not Responding (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/7826-fitday-not-responding.html)

ThatsLife2012 07-09-2012 05:20 PM

Fitday Not Responding

Fitday not responding due to a long -running script. Having troubles saving my entries. Any Ideas?

ibobi 07-11-2012 11:21 AM

Still happening? You're premium, so you're seeing no ads, right?

ThatsLife2012 07-13-2012 01:46 AM

correct

It takes a long time, and when I click on something it says something about a long script runing do you wish to stop it. I stop it and the page goes back to normal.

IBswilson 07-13-2012 02:55 AM

I need more information in order to help. What browser, browser version, and OS you are using?

mm68 07-31-2012 10:31 AM

I am having the same problem. Just started using this site a few days ago, and had no problems. Today, it's a problem -- seems only to affect the food log and nutrition report screens. When I stop running the script, I can't load the "total nutrition" tab in my food log. Browser is IE8, OS is Windows XP HE... does that help?

masonkiller 07-31-2012 11:25 AM

The script is locking up my computer too (not using fitday premium)

This is the script:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/app/jo...duction.js:540

alexey.mutovkin 08-12-2012 07:44 AM

Mine stucks too at GET 1344816000 request. All the time in any browser on mac and PC.
It started happening after I added something i eat. Also site is really slow.
I will never gor premium if it continues.

dmartz 08-13-2012 06:44 AM

Long-running script

Aug 12 (Sun) I was having the same problem. Might have been waiting on a response from googleads.g.doubleclick.net.

Seems to be better today.

aggarnett 08-14-2012 12:01 PM

Script Error

Anyone else have the problem of getting script error message, and hanging computer, every time they add a food. Very annoying and time consuming.

nichaleh 08-14-2012 01:07 PM

Can't get in! 404 error message?

Hello, I can get to the forum but not to my dashboard or log :( I keep getting an error message 404. I reeeeally hope it's fixed soon!

404 - Component Not Found
We're not sure what page you are looking for, but we don't have it. Our best guess is that you were looking for:

ComponentName: app_reports_home.html

But, we've never heard of that. Maybe try going Here and starting over.

catebert 08-15-2012 01:42 AM

I can't get in either!

I could not get into fitday from home last night - went to my favorites, fitday login at the following url:

https://www.fitday.com/fitness/Login.html

typed in my user name and password then

url reads:
http://www.fitday.com/app/home/dashboard

but the message below reads:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
• Go to www.¬fitday.¬com
• Search FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal for app home dashboard

Search on Google:

Google suggested that I clear the cookies and cache history, which I did, then I closed the internet and opened again and tried to login again, got the same message. Pressed the back button and got into my account but when I try to do anything I get the ‘page not found’ message from internet explorer.

Rebooted my pc, repeated the procedure and got the same message. Today it seems fine from my PC at work.

I use Vista at home on a 2 year old Toshiba laptop and have never had any problems before now.

IBswilson 08-15-2012 05:43 AM

FitDay had a brief outage yesterday.

catebert 08-15-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by IBswilson (Post 87558)
FitDay had a brief outage yesterday.

Thanks, was really glad to hear it wasn't my pc! Seems all fixed now!:)

fontduroy 08-15-2012 06:36 AM

Website is very slow; may not use much longer

Just a suggestion on the website's efficiency:

I've only been using the site for a couple of days, but it takes me far too long to input my foods because of the performance of the site. There is a noticeable lag between clicking on an action and that action being completed. One of the faults is that the site reloads the page after every action, and a suggestion to make this faster is to use a more AJAX-related paradigm. If it takes me more than a couple of minutes to input my food for the day, I'm not going to be inclined to continue using the site.

I like the idea of the site and its features, but performance is far too slow.

jf0311 08-15-2012 07:35 AM

Extremely frustrated!

i was here a couple years ago, and yeah, the website ran slow, but you get what you pay for (free). Since I have been back - all of 3 days - it has taken me HOURS to add my food and activities. Even tried the iPad app for $1.99, but still am not impressed. I can litterally cook a chicken dinner for 2 in less time than it takes me to log it onto this website. The "Sorry, We're Tired" response from the website is, in a word, #^#%@!!!!.

At least on the old site, once you had food entered you bo back to previous days and check items that you ate today, and load them all at once. Now it takes 3 clicks per item. Really? What an improvement.

I am actively looking for something even slightly more efficient, like a reed, some papyrus, and an abbicus.

aggarnett 08-15-2012 01:02 PM

It was my clock setting. Live in the Atlantic time zone which was not shown, but put it on -4 (P.Rico), and it seems to have fixed the problem. Love the site.

RunbikeSki 08-16-2012 09:58 AM

Hmmm, sorry you are having all of those problems. The site does have an occassional glitch, but not for 3 days. I am not sure why you are having so many problems.

You can still use the older version of FitDay. Here's how: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ice-versa.html

rc_22 08-18-2012 02:45 AM

Same here, it has been a couple of days now, I hope they are working on it

very annoying!!

aggarnett 08-22-2012 03:01 AM

Change your time zone, worked for me.. I'm at -4 in Nova Scotia, so you're what, 4 time zones away? Then you would set your time to the location that corresponds to the -8setting. I think it's listed as Pacific Standard, unlike mine that was Puerto Rico. Also make sure you use the Classic mode, more stable. Good luck.

oldsturdymare 08-25-2012 03:07 AM

I agree with Pam. I can't imagine why you're having so much trouble. I just check all my previous foods and custom foods and they're added - no waiting. I've even updated my food and activity logs using a dial-up connection and the access time is no worse than any other site using dial-up.

I return to fitday only when I notice a few pounds returning and even after 6 months all my old stuff is still there to check off and add. Thanks fitday for not forgetting me, even when I forget about you.

dottybyrd 08-26-2012 07:40 AM

Scripts

I'm finding Fitday impossible to use. It's very slow and it stops with a message saying that the page is running scripts and I have to cancel the loading. Is it just crippled by too many adverts? I would pay for Premium dut you don't seem to have that facility outside of of the US and Canada.

mayanklhila 08-27-2012 04:38 AM

Website problems!

Great concept! But the website needs a lot of work. It took me 40 minutes to enter today's log. I tried with both mozilla and internet explorer. Would love to use this daily but I'm sure there are better ways to use 40 minutes. I hope this is not a ploy to get people to go premium.

Rating:

Concept: 8/10
User Interface: 3/10

cjohnson728 08-27-2012 04:44 AM

Thanks...we are aware that this is an issue; I'm going to add this to the list of folks looking for a resolution and combine with another thread. Hopefully this will get resolved soon!

djmck 09-03-2013 11:39 AM

Long running script problem

Originally Posted by aggarnett (Post 87510)
Anyone else have the problem of getting script error message, and hanging computer, every time they add a food. Very annoying and time consuming.

Yes I have had it yesterday in the food log and today a bit and when trying to run a report. Using Premium. I thought it was my computer but if all you are having the same problem??? Yesterday it was constant. I had to keep logging out and log back in to try and track my days food. Is it my computer?

deborahlafky 09-03-2013 04:08 PM

Back to poor performance

It seems like every time Fitday decides to have an improvement go live, it breaks everything.

Perhaps an investment in serious programming talent would be in order.

I am very unhappy that as a premium member I encounter performance issues with the site so frequently, i.e. today. Cannot enter foods in Fitday2.

rdmorss 11-10-2013 01:01 PM

Timezone setting does not work. I try to set it to Eastern Standard Time but when I click to save my profile it goes back to Indiana Eastern Time. I am in Maine.

tyen 11-11-2013 08:45 AM

Hello,

If Fitday is behaving poorly, there are a few things you can check for.

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of your chosen browser
2. Disable any browser add-ons to make sure these are not interfering with the site
3. Clearing browser cache and cookies on the site and restarting browser
4. You may also try this automated link to see if it fixes things:
https://www.fitday.com/webfit/reset.php
5. Trying another browser and seeing if the behavior persists

If you still are experiencing difficulties, please send over reports including screenshots of any error messages you are receiving to [email protected]

Thank You,
Tyson

Persistant 02-04-2014 08:29 AM

Premium is the same; completely unresponsive, time out errors after custom food entries, it is a huge disappointment to see that FitDay is not getting proper care, as if it was an afterthought. Except it is an afterthought I paid for and right now I am not happy at all.

Computers: Mac OS X Lion, Windows 8, Android 4.4, all running Chrome or Firefox. That's pretty much every platform that matters out there. The problem is server-side, and it has been going on for months.

01gt4.6 02-05-2014 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Persistant (Post 105522)
Premium is the same; completely unresponsive, time out errors after custom food entries, it is a huge disappointment to see that FitDay is not getting proper care, as if it was an afterthought. Except it is an afterthought I paid for and right now I am not happy at all.

Computers: Mac OS X Lion, Windows 8, Android 4.4, all running Chrome or Firefox. That's pretty much every platform that matters out there. The problem is server-side, and it has been going on for months.

Please forward this to [email protected]

tyen 02-05-2014 06:52 AM

@ Persistant

Please send an email to [email protected]

Please send in any error messages or screenshots you may be receiving.

Another thing to try would be to see if the same behavior persists while in classic mode.

To access "classic mode" click on the "Fitday Classic" link located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Thanks!
Tyson

Kathy13118 02-12-2014 03:38 AM

I'm using Windows 8, Internet Explorer 11, and not getting any response when I try to add a just-created custom food to my food log. Tried twice, and so I'm pretty sure I'm not saving that custom food either.

I can go to Chrome (which I will do) but I wanted to report the problem. It's one of those 'dead in the water' situations where you can't do anything with the custom food. I can enter this post, though, as you can see.

tyen 02-12-2014 04:46 AM

Can you try to switch to classic mode and see if you can add food from there?

Kathy13118 02-12-2014 05:21 AM

Yes, Tyen, it does work well in classic. In fact, compared to 2.0, classic is a ferarri next to a Honda Civic!

However, when I thought about switching to classic in IE, I thought it had to be done with 'settings.' I went to 'settings' and nothing happened. I didn't get anything but a kind of static advertisement. That's when I went to profile, realized that it is the place to change to classic, changed to classic and had no problems creating my custom food and adding it. Everything in that selection worked much faster than in 2.0. Go figure. I don't know what happened in 'settings' here in classic. But adding my custom food worked great.

Another development: I went back to 'settings' to see if I get just the static advertisement again. I did. So then I went to food log and all of a sudden, I'm back in 2.0. Bounced me back there...

And now, even more bizarre: I'm using Chrome, logging in and here I am in Classic again!