Notices

Fitday Not Responding

Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy I can't get in either!

I could not get into fitday from home last night - went to my favorites, fitday login at the following url:

https://www.fitday.com/fitness/Login.html

typed in my user name and password then

url reads:
http://www.fitday.com/app/home/dashboard

but the message below reads:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
• Go to www.¬fitday.¬com
• Search FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal for app home dashboard

Search on Google:

Google suggested that I clear the cookies and cache history, which I did, then I closed the internet and opened again and tried to login again, got the same message. Pressed the back button and got into my account but when I try to do anything I get the ‘page not found’ message from internet explorer.

Rebooted my pc, repeated the procedure and got the same message. Today it seems fine from my PC at work.

I use Vista at home on a 2 year old Toshiba laptop and have never had any problems before now.

Last edited by catebert; 08-15-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: added operating system
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 AM
IBswilson

FitDay had a brief outage yesterday.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBswilson
FitDay had a brief outage yesterday.
Thanks, was really glad to hear it wasn't my pc! Seems all fixed now!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Website is very slow; may not use much longer

Just a suggestion on the website's efficiency:

I've only been using the site for a couple of days, but it takes me far too long to input my foods because of the performance of the site. There is a noticeable lag between clicking on an action and that action being completed. One of the faults is that the site reloads the page after every action, and a suggestion to make this faster is to use a more AJAX-related paradigm. If it takes me more than a couple of minutes to input my food for the day, I'm not going to be inclined to continue using the site.

I like the idea of the site and its features, but performance is far too slow.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Extremely frustrated!

i was here a couple years ago, and yeah, the website ran slow, but you get what you pay for (free). Since I have been back - all of 3 days - it has taken me HOURS to add my food and activities. Even tried the iPad app for $1.99, but still am not impressed. I can litterally cook a chicken dinner for 2 in less time than it takes me to log it onto this website. The "Sorry, We're Tired" response from the website is, in a word, #^#%@!!!!.

At least on the old site, once you had food entered you bo back to previous days and check items that you ate today, and load them all at once. Now it takes 3 clicks per item. Really? What an improvement.

I am actively looking for something even slightly more efficient, like a reed, some papyrus, and an abbicus.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

It was my clock setting. Live in the Atlantic time zone which was not shown, but put it on -4 (P.Rico), and it seems to have fixed the problem. Love the site.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hmmm, sorry you are having all of those problems. The site does have an occassional glitch, but not for 3 days. I am not sure why you are having so many problems.

You can still use the older version of FitDay. Here's how: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ice-versa.html
Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Same here, it has been a couple of days now, I hope they are working on it

very annoying!!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Change your time zone, worked for me.. I'm at -4 in Nova Scotia, so you're what, 4 time zones away? Then you would set your time to the location that corresponds to the -8setting. I think it's listed as Pacific Standard, unlike mine that was Puerto Rico. Also make sure you use the Classic mode, more stable. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Pam. I can't imagine why you're having so much trouble. I just check all my previous foods and custom foods and they're added - no waiting. I've even updated my food and activity logs using a dial-up connection and the access time is no worse than any other site using dial-up.

I return to fitday only when I notice a few pounds returning and even after 6 months all my old stuff is still there to check off and add. Thanks fitday for not forgetting me, even when I forget about you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.