Community
Notices

Request: Would like tracking of sugar

Old 04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

I would like to be able to track sugar, too.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sugar tracking

I dont see even one reply from "Fitday" on all these requests for sugar tracking. Is no one listening or don't they care?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes it's listed on the nutrition panel for a food. Usually not, however. So, IMO, it's a nice option to be able to log it, but not essential.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar Logging Please

Thank you for your opinion Kathy. I believe many people on this forum feel differently. I, for one, have cancelled my Fitday subscription and now log my food on another competing product, just so I can log sugar.

I do, however, still frequent these forums for the fellowship.

I know this may not be an easy thing for FitDay to implement, but I feel it is essential, as you may note from my prior rant on this topic. If Fitday would add sugar to the food log I would re-up as a paying customer.

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 05-05-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar labeling of food (US Reg.s)

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Sometimes it's listed on the nutrition panel for a food. Usually not, however. So, IMO, it's a nice option to be able to log it, but not essential.
I am not a lawyer, but I have researched the requirements for food labels with regard to this issue. Current food labeling reg.s require an entry for sugar except if the amount is less than one gram. I believe this was enacted more than five years ago.

US Title 21: Food and Drugs, Section 101.9 Nutrition labeling of food, subsection(c)(6):

(ii) “Sugars”: A statement of the number of grams of sugars in a serving, except that label declaration of sugars content is not required for products that contain less than 1 gram of sugars in a serving if no claims are made about sweeteners, sugars, or sugar alcohol content. Except as provided for in paragraph (f) of this section, if a statement of the sugars content is not required and, as a result, not declared, the statement “Not a significant source of sugars” shall be placed at the bottom of the table of nutrient values in the same type size. Sugars shall be defined as the sum of all free mono- and disaccharides (such as glucose, fructose, lactose, and sucrose). Sugars content shall be indented and expressed to the nearest gram, except that if a serving contains less than 1 gram, the statement “Contains less then 1 gram” or “less than 1 gram” may be used as an alternative, and if the serving contains less than 0.5 gram, the content may be expressed as zero.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I, too, would appreciate a field to track sugar. Though I also think people need to calm down a notch - no need to get snarky or mean about why it should or shouldn't be included. Everyone is going to approach their diet differently. It's not evil that sugar is not included, but it would be very helpful for me if it were. Like others, I'm tracking in alcohol for the time being.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

Angry I offer my support, we need sugar count!!!

I see this is an old post from 2010 which isn't good considering its 2013 with no sugar added still the add to the food counts. PLEASE can we sort this and add sugar, its so important to count seen's how its labeled on all food!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

It's interesting that this is legally required - I was not aware! I went to my pantry and looked at labels and I do see sugar listed there.

If I were a manufacturer, I would just reduce the serving size to get past the necessity of showing sugar contained in the product.

My habit is just to look for added sugar. There have been numerous articles in the press over the years about how to detect added sugar. The American Diabetes Association does a good job explaining sugar and nutrition labels. I'm not diabetic.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeP46
Would anyone else like to see the sugar content in foods?
Yes. Refined sugar is more toxic for me than fat is. Diabetes is a growth industry. FitDay should be optimized to count and display sugar grams and calories in all the relevant charts.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation i totally agree, please add sugar Fitday!!!

Originally Posted by GoodAnimal
Yes. Refined sugar is more toxic for me than fat is. Diabetes is a growth industry. FitDay should be optimized to count and display sugar grams and calories in all the relevant charts.
I totally agree with you, i think sugar is very important to track, so please add sugar Fitday!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.