Notices

Request: Would like tracking of sugar

Old 01-05-2013, 05:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Very surprising that Fitday has never responded to all of these requests over the years for sugar. However I thought I would mention that I did get a response way back in 2006 when I emailed them about it. For the benefit of all and for what it's worth, here is what they said.

"Thanks for the question. FitDay currently doesn't track sugar. The databases we
use, primarily from the USDA, didn't have complete info on sugar content in
foods. Because of this we couldn't accurately report on sugar intakes. It's a
common request to track sugar, and we're looking into it for a future version."
Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ssouthar
Very surprising that Fitday has never responded to all of these requests over the years for sugar. However I thought I would mention that I did get a response way back in 2006 when I emailed them about it. For the benefit of all and for what it's worth, here is what they said.

"Thanks for the question. FitDay currently doesn't track sugar. The databases we
use, primarily from the USDA, didn't have complete info on sugar content in
foods. Because of this we couldn't accurately report on sugar intakes. It's a
common request to track sugar, and we're looking into it for a future version."
Hmmm, that's an interesting response. Thanks for posting it.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default More Info Requested...

Is it possible that we could obtain more info on this? Which database does FitDay use? I'm guessing it is the USDA FNDDS, (Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies). Because, if you use the search tool, (found here: What's In The Foods You Eat Search Tool, and here: Search Tool) it presents values similar to what FitDay presents.

I note that the USDA database contains the info on sugar as it is listed on the standard (FDA) required food label. So I'm wondering when Fitday might be adding this info to their product.

Donna Martz
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tracking sugar

I love most everything about this site, but I really need to track sugar. There must be a way for you to add this feature.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
are you talking about carbs? are you talking about free carbs minus dietry fiber?
I assume the OP wants to differentiate between mono/di saccharides (ie:"sugars") and polysaccharides (ie:"starches").
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeP46
Would anyone else like to see the sugar content in foods?
I would like sugar added to the listings that I create.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I am also new to the site. I do like it but also ask we cannot track the sugar content. Can someone from Dayfit give us all an answer. Secondly, where can I set up reminders for myself which appear as I schedule them to appear
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wyattdaniele
I am also new to the site. I do like it but also ask we cannot track the sugar content. Can someone from Dayfit give us all an answer. Secondly, where can I set up reminders for myself which appear as I schedule them to appear
Yes, it would be nice if someone from Fitday ( IBobi, are you there?) would post a reply to this.

- DMartz
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

I would love to see sugar added. I am actually much more concerned about that than anything else.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

There are no plans to add sugar tracking at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.