Notices

Use Question

Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Use Question

Hello Folks:

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot !

I just created a new diet. My suggested calorie intake was "X". I wanted to increase it to "X+100" I realize that at the same activity level, the diet should now take longer to reach the weight goal. How do I have the program make that change-of-reaching-goal date different ? (i.e., I don't want to only use the "desired weight goal" and "goal date" as the parameters, I want the "goal date modified by my own desired daily calorie intake.)

Thank you very much and best wishes to you all on your own special journeys !

Eddie
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Eddie, welcome! I don't know that you can do what you want, perhaps someone else has a workaround or knows how.

If you have a good idea of your calorie intake and burn you can set a realistic goal simply by keeping in mind that it takes on average a 3,500 calorie deficit to eliminate one pound of fat. Thus, if you are running a 1,000 calorie per day deficit you should, on average, lose two pounds a week. So, with this in mind, getting a weight/date goal shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, the human body does not always follow the math, but over time it should be pretty close. The more accurate your estimate of intake and burn are, the more closely your results will match the prediction.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael