Notices
Like Tree3Likes

Please delete my FitDay account (Moderated thread)

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Angry

delete my account please. i don't want to belong to a sight that shuns it's android users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
To disable/delete your account, send an "Account Disable" request via E mail:

[email protected]
Will this DELETE the account, or just DISABLE it (while keeping my info on FitDay's servers....)? I signed up for the site years ago, but I don't use it so now I just want to delete it. I'm sure it's a great site and helps a lot of people, but it's just not for me.

It's very frustrating that there's no simple way to automatically delete an account.... It's frankly ridiculous to give paid members the option, but not anyone else. Plenty of other sites let ALL their users delete their account if they choose, so why can't FitDay? I'm a web developer, so I know that it's not too difficult to implement.... It's a matter of privacy.
smbreau likes this.

Last edited by robgolbeck; 02-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

I too am concerned about my data security. I do not want my account "disabled". I want my data destroyed.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dcmatt
I too am concerned about my data security. I do not want my account "disabled". I want my data destroyed.
Well that ain't gonna happen. They gave you a free account. Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I had the original fit day program for 3 years, it worked. Bought a new computer and tried to get fit day again, purchased "premium account" thinking that was going to give me the new fit day program that would run on my pc. Thought it was awful expensive at $50. Then I find the fit day 2 program download page and ended up paying $30 for the pc version. Now I'm trying to find a way to cancel the "premium" thing but can't find any navigation to any of my account information to do any cancellation. Then there is the issue of just contacting fit day, nothing but "feedback" report? Well I've given up on the feedback route with all the bugs I found in their program. I can't cut & paste without crashing fit day 2 so I just want all my money back. I've crashed the program 6 times first day. I give up.

I'm running widows 7/64bit and the issue I have is the view/current view/Group foods by meal does not save for me so when the program is started up, after it was shut down, has to be selected again. Then when I highlight more then one food log entry and transfer it to a different meal time, (like lunch to dinner), it crashes every time. Had the old program running just before I updated it and it worked ok.

Now all I want is to get all my money back and get this off my computer.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default cancel

How do you cancel?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

What are you trying to cancel? Are you trying to go from 2.0 to classic?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Cancel my account
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Delete my account

Originally Posted by robgolbeck
Will this DELETE the account, or just DISABLE it (while keeping my info on FitDay's servers....)? I signed up for the site years ago, but I don't use it so now I just want to delete it. I'm sure it's a great site and helps a lot of people, but it's just not for me.

It's very frustrating that there's no simple way to automatically delete an account.... It's frankly ridiculous to give paid members the option, but not anyone else. Plenty of other sites let ALL their users delete their account if they choose, so why can't FitDay? I'm a web developer, so I know that it's not too difficult to implement.... It's a matter of privacy.
I'm in the exact same boat. I signed up years ago and still get annoying nag emails. I also can't find any way to make it stop.

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Well that ain't gonna happen. They gave you a free account. Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database". Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

I'm not saying that I want you to dig into your DB by hand and personally write the delete statement, I'm saying you should have designed a methodology for me to do it.

And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well. I see this as holding my information hostage.

You won't remove my HEALTH INFORMATION until I pay for an account? That's the very definition of "hostage".

Last edited by danielcarter; 05-23-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by danielcarter
I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database".
Well too bad. I've said it. And I'll say it again: "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about."

Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

I'm not saying that I want you to dig into your DB by hand and personally write the delete statement, I'm saying you should have designed a methodology for me to do it.

That capability was NOT built into FitDay to begin with. So I stand behind my "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about."

And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well.
Not getting snide, stating FACTS. And your facts are **wrong**. There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data. Get it? Good!

Take that, software developer!

By the way... "exposed the function"??? Do you mean GIVEN PERMISSIONS??? You don't even talk like a developer so I call you on this as well.

Last edited by VitoVino; 05-23-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.