Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting) >

How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting)

Notices

How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting)

Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I guess another bugaboo would be WHERE the "My Pages" shows up. It shows up WAY DOWN THE PAGE, below all of my Custom Foods. So I never saw "My Pages" until you mentioned it on this thread.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
No, I can see everything. Food eaten, activity, calories eaten, calories burned, custom measurements, body measurements, mood, weight change, and beer consumed. Wait, beer consumed??!

The bugaboo is that a person's journal (I suppose at least ONE part of it) must be PUBLIC FIRST, so the journal can be searched for in the search box so that a friend request can be made. Here's what happens when a person's journal is set to private:

Great question. Once I accepted you as friends, it became mutual, as your name appears on my Friends list.
Ah, good to know it's mutual. It's actually erring on the side of public openness there, but on the side of privacy by not showing the names of private log owners during search.

It's a bit tricky to figure out but it's a decent feature to just share information with just a few people. Wonder how many people use it?

Ultimately it begs the question, what if you want to share certain things with one person but not with another? It's not worth the trouble to get fancier than it is with a food log though.

Just glad that it works basically as intended. There should be privacy options for stuff like journals and mood, if they aren't there already (don't think they are). And whatever privacy options are there should be effective. Right now the calories burned option is mentioned but not implemented.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FutureizNow
It's a bit tricky to figure out but it's a decent feature to just share information with just a few people. Wonder how many people use it?

I wouldn't be surprised if we were the first to use this. I'm good with software and thought I had checked out every facet of the forum and Journal, but I missed seeing how to do this. I kinda do remember way back in July when I started, before my Custom foods filled up, seeing the "My Pages". I had just erroneously concluded that the "friends" option had been turned off for the forum by an Admin. because I couldn't figure out any way to add friends.

You've been great in resolving this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure others will want to jump on this "new" feature now!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default You can now leave messages on your friend's page

Cool. After the setting takes hold (about 15 minutes) an option to leave messages on your friend's page appears. Very nice feature.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we were the first to use this. I'm good with software and thought I had checked out every facet of the forum and Journal, but I missed seeing how to do this. I kinda do remember way back in July when I started, before my Custom foods filled up, seeing the "My Pages". I had just erroneously concluded that the "friends" option had been turned off for the forum by an Admin. because I couldn't figure out any way to add friends.

You've been great in resolving this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure others will want to jump on this "new" feature now!
Cool. Glad to be of assistance! I also play with software, have done development and a lot of testing. More mainframe and client server than web but have done it all and a feature is a feature!

Are those friend messages PMs or something else? I'll send one to you.
Let me know if you get a PM, a pop-up or what.

Edit. Actually I see the inbox in the my pages area. However where are you seeing a link to send you messages to the inbox?

Last edited by FutureizNow; 12-16-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

You should be able to leave a message directly on my Public Journal Page. A box appears after about 15 minutes of becoming friends where you can type a message. I assume there is no pop up notifying you of this, because I've already left a message on your page about 20 minutes ago.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

You should be able to leave a message directly on my Public Journal Page. A box appears after about 15 minutes of becoming friends where you can type a message. I assume there is no pop up notifying you of this, because I've already left a message on your page about 20 minutes ago.
Yes thanks I found the way to send it to you on your public page "home" tab.
I see your comment on my public page and left one on yours.

Not sure how often I'd look there, but it's good
when you're trying to communicate about something specific about
each others public page I guess.

It's better than having to switch to forum or PM when you're discussing something I guess.
Inbox really doesn't have to do with messages, just pending friend requests it seems.

Anyway, I'm off to lunch now, lol.

Last edited by FutureizNow; 12-16-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

I can think of a few good reasons for it. Since only friends can see it, then links can be posted on it (say to pictures, favorite websites, etc,) and all the friends will have access to it. I really like the feature.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

I can think of a few good reasons for it. Since only friends can see it, then links can be posted on it (say to pictures, favorite websites, etc,) and all the friends will have access to it. I really like the feature.
Yeah, it works for me too. A mini facebook!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah! Who wudda thunk? We've had this little gem sitting under our noses the entire time, and nobody was using it. Of course that is just my big a$$umption here.

If anyone has been using this feature, speak now or forever hold your

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.