Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Trying to put together a weight gain plan, but FitDay is giving me grief...

Am I not able to set my target weight to higher than my starting weight? I am underweight and wanted to use the FitDay program to help myself keep track of my daily calorie intake among other things. Every time I go to the 'Weight Goal' section and enter my target weight however, I get an error message stating that my target weight is greater than my current, which is the point considering the fact that I'm underweight. Is there anything I can do to get this to work in my favor? I am not seeking to lose weight as it seems most people are. I am seeking to gain weight instead. Is this program not for me?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Administrator

See the entire thread above concerning this; and please do a search before posting a new thread in the future
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can't Set Goal To Gain Weight

never mind. Got it.

Last edited by Braverman; 03-20-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Question Setting Weight Gain Goal

My elderly father has just come to live with us for a while. I am using FitDay to track his nutrition. Because of his prolonged malnutrition, I am trying to increase caloric intake and increase his weight. Does anyone know how I can make the FitDay program allow me to set a weight INCREASE as a weight goal. I always get a warning sign saying that my target weight is greater than my beginning weight. Because this part cannot be reconciled, I cannot create a goal graft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, His loving daughter.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there,

Unfortunately, FitDay does not allow for this.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-read-me.html

This thread is stickied here in this forum, and it gives you the reasons why (short answer: weight gain is a much more complicated algorithm that is different from weight loss, and the program doesn't support it).

I wish you luck in trying to help your father - I have a grandfather who is underweight and can't seem to keep pounds on after a prolonged illness, so I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck and good wishes to you both.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FBHJR
My elderly father has just come to live with us for a while. I am using FitDay to track his nutrition. Because of his prolonged malnutrition, I am trying to increase caloric intake and increase his weight. Does anyone know how I can make the FitDay program allow me to set a weight INCREASE as a weight goal. I always get a warning sign saying that my target weight is greater than my beginning weight. Because this part cannot be reconciled, I cannot create a goal graft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, His loving daughter.
Merging thread b/c there is already an existing thread.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Problem with 'Create a Weight Goal' feature

Hi, I am trying to gain weight but it won't let me enter a goal weight above my current weight!
Please halp
Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Am I the only one trying to gain weight?

I want to enter a weight goal that is higher than my current weight so I can see how many calories I need to take in each day but the website only lets you enter goals that are less than your current weight. You should fix this!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Quick question

I need to do this for class and I agree it's a good tool. I'm actually close to being underweight and so I want my weight goal to be larger to add muscle, but so far, I can only set the weight goal lower than what I already am. Help? Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by espi8041
I need to do this for class and I agree it's a good tool. I'm actually close to being underweight and so I want my weight goal to be larger to add muscle, but so far, I can only set the weight goal lower than what I already am. Help? Thanks!
The only help I can give you is to tell you to read the thread this is posted in. FitDay does not allow for a gain weight goal at this time.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-03-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.