Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #191 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Unhappy Trying to put together a weight gain plan, but FitDay is giving me grief...

Am I not able to set my target weight to higher than my starting weight? I am underweight and wanted to use the FitDay program to help myself keep track of my daily calorie intake among other things. Every time I go to the 'Weight Goal' section and enter my target weight however, I get an error message stating that my target weight is greater than my current, which is the point considering the fact that I'm underweight. Is there anything I can do to get this to work in my favor? I am not seeking to lose weight as it seems most people are. I am seeking to gain weight instead. Is this program not for me?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:
camrox22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #192 (permalink)
Administrator

See the entire thread above concerning this; and please do a search before posting a new thread in the future
IBobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #193 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Can't Set Goal To Gain Weight

never mind. Got it.

Last edited by Braverman; 03-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Braverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #194 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Question Setting Weight Gain Goal

My elderly father has just come to live with us for a while. I am using FitDay to track his nutrition. Because of his prolonged malnutrition, I am trying to increase caloric intake and increase his weight. Does anyone know how I can make the FitDay program allow me to set a weight INCREASE as a weight goal. I always get a warning sign saying that my target weight is greater than my beginning weight. Because this part cannot be reconciled, I cannot create a goal graft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, His loving daughter.
FBHJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #195 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Hi there,

Unfortunately, FitDay does not allow for this.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-read-me.html

This thread is stickied here in this forum, and it gives you the reasons why (short answer: weight gain is a much more complicated algorithm that is different from weight loss, and the program doesn't support it).

I wish you luck in trying to help your father - I have a grandfather who is underweight and can't seem to keep pounds on after a prolonged illness, so I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck and good wishes to you both.
Weight 9/8/14 = 178.8 (net: -36.4)
Last mini-goal: 180 lbs. REACHED! Reward - new sports bra
Current min-goal: 175 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #196 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBHJR View Post
My elderly father has just come to live with us for a while. I am using FitDay to track his nutrition. Because of his prolonged malnutrition, I am trying to increase caloric intake and increase his weight. Does anyone know how I can make the FitDay program allow me to set a weight INCREASE as a weight goal. I always get a warning sign saying that my target weight is greater than my beginning weight. Because this part cannot be reconciled, I cannot create a goal graft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, His loving daughter.
Merging thread b/c there is already an existing thread.
IBLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #197 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Problem with 'Create a Weight Goal' feature

Hi, I am trying to gain weight but it won't let me enter a goal weight above my current weight!
Please halp
TundraGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #198 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Am I the only one trying to gain weight?

I want to enter a weight goal that is higher than my current weight so I can see how many calories I need to take in each day but the website only lets you enter goals that are less than your current weight. You should fix this!
jdimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #199 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Quick question

I need to do this for class and I agree it's a good tool. I'm actually close to being underweight and so I want my weight goal to be larger to add muscle, but so far, I can only set the weight goal lower than what I already am. Help? Thanks!
espi8041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #200 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by espi8041 View Post
I need to do this for class and I agree it's a good tool. I'm actually close to being underweight and so I want my weight goal to be larger to add muscle, but so far, I can only set the weight goal lower than what I already am. Help? Thanks!
The only help I can give you is to tell you to read the thread this is posted in. FitDay does not allow for a gain weight goal at this time.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fault, fitday questions, gain weight, heart rate monitor, metabolism, problem, suggestion, weight gain, weight goal, weight goal gain, weight training