Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Please some help? Can't set weight goal to GAIN weight? /!\

It always says the weight goal is greater and dont allow me to...
thank!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Bob, welcome to the forums. Sadly, FitDay does not currently provide the ability to set a weight-gain goal.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Booo. Bob and I want to gain weight.

Hopefully it's a function they will add in the future.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Bob. Please let me know if you locate an alternative that does work for weight gain.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Question Problems with Weight Goal...

I was trying to update my weight goal and my problem is that it tells me that my weight goal is larger than my current weight. I am 88 pounds and I want to gain weight until I reach 100 pounds. Am I the only one wanting to gain weight?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay. If you read through the posts, you will see this question being asked again and again. The FitDay software does not now, and probably will not in the near future support a weight gain goal. Sorry.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

I find it odd that that people in control of this site/software are not giving the people what they want and implementing a very trivial change when clearly there is a demand for it from more than 1 or 2 people. I guess the weight goal function is pretty much useless to a bunch of folks. Either way the diet log is the most important part anyhow.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Hello,

Weight loss is a relatively simple calculation, because for the most part it means losing fat; weight gain is far more complex, as most people are not looking to put fat on, but muscle, and this calculation is much more complex and involves activities on a whole different level. In addition, many of those wanting to gain weight are dangerously underweight to begin with, and any weight gain should be under a doctor's care, not a website's. Essentially this is the reason FD does not and will not (at least for the foreseeable future) offer help for those who wish to gain weight.

Best,

Paul
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I was thinking along the lines of just changing the part of the code that checks the math and rejects a larger weight. Either way though, Fitday is a great nutrition log and has helped me with my goals for years now
Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Weight gain?

Hi,
I have registered here to track my weight gain diet, but I can't set up my goal since I'm getting this message:
"Your goal weight is greater than your starting weight."

Can this somehow be overcome or I just came to the wrong place? Is this website intended only for people who are overweight?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.