Notices

Sugars same as alcohols?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Question Sugars same as alcohols?

I'm relatively new to Fit Day and find the site easy to use. However, when filling in the nutrition chart for custom foods, I'm not quite sure what the term "alcohol" is referring to. I'm thinking that it may mean sugar alcohol in carbohydrates. Is this correct?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I don't think there is even nutritional information for alcohol on most foods, and many, many foods contain sugar. I never noticed the alcohol in the custom foods, but if you were making a rum cake, there would be alcohol from the rum and you would put in how many grams.

I only see 'alcohol' show up in my pie chart on the days when I have a glass of wine, for example. If I have something with a lot of sugar on a certain day, there is never any alcohol showing up in my pie chart.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Post Sugars same as alcohols?

I am confused about sugar listed on labels under carbs. I also see alcohol listed in the same area. Are they the same thing?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

No, Currently they don't track sugar in fitday just carbs. And alcohol is just...alcohol.

Welcome to the forums BTW!!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Sugar alcohols(like sorbitol) are somewhat similar but sugar alcohols are lower in calories(2.6 per gram) and are not fully absorbed in the gut.
Alcohol in drinks are 7 calories per gram. You can calculate alcohol consumed here.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Counting our sugar usage

I'm new here and wondered why sugar is not listed in the nutrition facts of the foods. Sugar, at least to me is more important than fats. And since most low fat and fat free are replaced with sugar I would love to see it listed so by the end of they day I see how many grams I used.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, and welcome to FitDay.

This question comes up quite often. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll point you in the direction that will be helpful. Best wishes.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ar-intake.html
Old 11-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

While enlightening, the above discussion doesn't really indicate whether or not sugar will be added as something to track. If this is a concern for you, I would suggest posting it down in a thread in the bottom category in the list, under FitDay Beta; I am certain that the technical folks working on changes to the site read that much more frequently than they do the threads in the nutrition area. Many folks share your concern, but I don't know if it's a planned addition or not. The tech folks should be able to tell you.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks I will give that a try..
Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
While enlightening, the above discussion doesn't really indicate whether or not sugar will be added as something to track.

I think you overlooked something from that thread:

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
We are working at being able to track sugar. Yes, it's taking longer than it should but I'm being told that it's being addressed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.