Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Are there any Wii Fitness users? >

Are there any Wii Fitness users?

Community
Notices

Are there any Wii Fitness users?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

we have a Wii fit Plus and I think its great - except when it tells you off for missing days of training! As someone who buys things to help her get fit and then uses them for 3 weeks and gets bored the Wii Fit has lasted longer than my usual fitness kicks, if only becuase it cost a whole lot more than the gym balls from the supermarket or the ab cradle from the sports store - I've invested in it so I WILL use it! I also find its helpful for my partner who is very overweight and loathed to exercise. I just wish Fitday had an acitivity on the system for the Wii where you could add the number of calories the Wii told you you had burned.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

I really enjoy the Wii Fit....I alternate daily doing the Wii Fit Plus and workout videos that I have. After I do the Wii Fit Plus training I can really feel it in my legs and arms! I feel that the workout videos that I have really get my heart rate up and get me moving.

When I record my calories burned from the Wii Fit I chose yoga as my activity and then alter the time so that the calories burned match.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wii Fit.......PLUS!

The Wii Fit was a lot of fun until I got the Wii Fit Plus software.

It's a lot more fun than the Fit. I highly recommend the Plus if purchasing the Wii.

Also use the EA Sports Active Personal Trainer. That's also a very good workout.

I'm always looking for ways to vary the indoor (winter) training routine and the Wii fits the bill.

Anyone have any other Wii exercise software that they can recommend?

PS - I've been using a FitBit since Nov. 24th to record my activity and sleep patterns. If you don't know what it is you can find it here: http://www.fitbit.com

So far, besides the Wii, it's the best $$ I've invested in my now much healthier lifestyle.

Last edited by njvideodiver; 01-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

I received the Wii console and Wii Fit Plus w/ balance board for Christmas. I LOVE IT! I started tracking my food intake on fitday.com at the beginning of October and joined my local gym in November. I was averaging 1.0 to 1.5 lb. weight loss per week, however, in December, I hit a plateau and hadn't lost any weight in three weeks. After Christmas, I added a daily 30 minute workout on the Wii Fit Plus and low and behold, I lost 2.4 lbs. that first week and then an additional 4 lbs. the following week! I'm sure it's my body's way of adjusting to my daily workouts (as opposed to 3-4 times a week before I got the Wii) and I certainly don't expect these type of results this week, but I was ecstatic when I saw the results. My favorite game is the free run. I can just start that game for 30 minutes, switch to my favorite TV show (the Wii remote takes over and guides you through the rest of the game) and before I know it, my 30 minutes are up and I'm sweating up a storm. I still go to the gym, but having my Wii at home assures me that I will get my workout in no matter what (NO EXCUSES!). I highly recommend it.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wii Fit Free Run

Hi There,

THis is exactly what I do and great results after this first week of 6 workouts in 7 days, only one day at the Gym! I do Free run for 1/2 hour 6 days per week
(sweating and breathing hard and I figure I can always go faster as I adjust)
and 3 days of strenght trainging just go through all the exercises now but trying to figure how to use those best...

I think it is a good workout if you do free run and maybe work up to 2x a day
free run....but after a few months, in the spring, maybe I'll see if I can take my jog outside....in the past I have ony speedwalked outside.

Wiifit is great because I don't have to go anywhere or worry at all about wha I am wearin so takes much less time out of my day!

Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I love my Wii Fit Plus!! I also got it for Christmas and now I'm addicted. (I can think of worse things to be addicted to, LOL). I love the fact that I can change up my routine every day. I get bored with working out very easily and the Wii definitely keeps me entertained. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight but I've lost inches and to me, that's what matters most. Because of the Wii Fit I am also more concious of my center of balance and have alleviated some knee problems I've had for years. I believe it is a great tool/investment for someone who is tired of being a couch potato and wants to get moving.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile new wii for xmas

I also got a Wii and the wit fit plus for xmas. I have since used it for 30 minutes 5-6 times a week since - i have not gotten bored and even when I think I'll only do my daily test, I get motivated to do the workout since I have hooked it up. I customized a yoga routine to start and try to do 20 minutes of an aerobic activity. So far so good.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

simply put,

it gets me off the couch.

it is fun too.

like anything we start, 24 hr fitness, or even wii , we dont maintain interest
at the same intensity as at first.
i am ok with that.

anything that helps me move is a good thing. whether i am regular or not....
Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

I just got a Wii fit plus, and have done the yoga, boxing, and advanced step. The running and strength training i haven't looked at simply because i don't think I can do them. I hate to exercise! Any suggestions to get motivated?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Post Wii Fit

I have Wii Fit . I think it is fun, but I haven't seen any results. I have noticed though, that Wii fit have improved my posture. I mainly do the Balance Games because that is what I like to play. I don't play yoga or strength training often but I'm sure if you kept doing it some results .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.