Notices

Home Gym

Old 07-26-2018, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Home Gym

I am trying to get a home gym started in order to try and save some time with my workouts. I really want some weights but my wife wants a treadmill specifically so we are compromising on what to get first. I really want some powerblock adjustable dumbbells, does anyone have any recommendations as to which ones work best?

As far as the treadmill goes I am looking into getting this nordictrack 1750 treadmill but I am not so sure about it yet. I need to do some more research on them before I go out and buy one. Does anyone have experience with treadmills? This one specifically?

I also need to get some mats and a bench but I'm sure I could find things like that at a local sporting goods store or a second-hand store, or craigslist! Is there anything I am missing? Please let me know!
Old 07-28-2018, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

The best treadmill I ever owned was from Walmart. I wish I could tell you the brand, but that treadmill is long gone. I replaced it with a Nordictrack Audiostrider 990 Pro elliptical which lasted 2 years before the bearings went out. It squeaks and groans and we've tried getting to the parts that need greasing but all the bolts to access those areas have been stripped. I'll never buy another Nordictrack product again. My husband is going to figure out how to tear the *&^*&%*&^ thing apart so we can get it into the truck bed and to the dump.

Pro-form has always been a favorite of mine at the gym. If I do decide to buy another piece of equipment I'll go with Pro-Form.

I can't believe how expensive weights are. My husband has been interested in the Powerblock dumbbells but is hesitant to spend that kind of money. If you have the room to store a traditional set of weights I'd keep an eye out on Craigslist, garage sales and so forth. Right now we have a few dumbbells in various weights: 2, 5 and 8 pounds for me; 15 and 25 pounds for him. They suffice.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Earlier this year I got myself the nordictrack 1750. It's a pretty decent treadmill and I would definitely recommend it if you are getting a new treadmill. I'd first search on craigslist to see if there is a decent one on there as it'll be a lot cheaper. Definitely test the machine first if you are buying used since the electrical and motor aspects of used treadmills are always questionable. When I was looking for a treadmill, the options on craigslist weren't very promising so I went with buying a new one online. The treadmill runs well and seems to be able to do everything that I need it to for my workout goals. Depending on your fitness goals, you might want to invest in a higher tiered treadmill model, but that's obviously up to you. You can use this nordictrack 1750 coupon that I found when searching for a good deal online that helped me save a little bit extra. I'd recommend waiting until Black Friday since the prices online will be pretty cheap. Waiting will help you save up for the other fitness equipment that you and your wife are looking to buy.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hey how about the meditation benches. Does anyone used this one to make your home GYM. I recently bought a few ones from a reliable source like this one. Much more comfortable, reliable and cheap of course.

What's your opinion in this? Thank you!