Notices

Exercise & Calorie Deficit.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise & Calorie Deficit.

Good evening all,

New member here. Hope you are all well!

Just looking for a little bit of advice on calorie intake.

After inputting all of my food data I have found that I am only eating ~2000 calories a day. I drink 4l of water a day. On top of that, the Harris Benedict Equation (Not too sure if this is recommended?) suggests that I should be eating 2900 calories to fuel my days. My BMI is ~20 and I am a 24 year old male.

You see, I have been cycling approximately 16 miles in total to work each day and I also do a lot of climbing and running.

Obviously I would not be posting here unless I wanted some advice, and so here is my problem. I have been experiencing headaches every morning for the past two years. Without going into too much detail (unless requested), is it possible for this deficit to cause numerous ailments including headaches?

If so, is bridging the gap enough or should I be eating more than ~2900 to recover?

Thanks for your time.

GD.

P.S. If this needs to move to another forum, I apologise in advance.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi GD - that's a lot of activity your doing. Great job! There are so many factors to consider when trying to answer your question. Your micronutrient intake (carbs, protein and fat), your height, your weight, your fitness level, your body composition, etc. There may not be a quick answer. First off, I'm not a professional. However, having headaches every morning for years in my non-professional opinion is not normal. I would suggest you see a doctor, but in the case that you can't or won't, trying upping your calories to see if it helps. Ensure you are eating quality food, staying hydrated and getting at least 8hours of zzz's per night.

If you could post more details, maybe others would chime in with more suggestions.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi that may be plenty of task the doing. Great job! You can find countless factors to consider as soon as looking to response the problem. Your micronutrient intake (carbs, necessary protein and also fat), the height, excess fat, the fitness level, your whole body arrangement, and so on. Generally there is probably not a rapid response. Firstly, Now i'm not just a specialized. However, possessing problems each early morning for some time within my non-professional judgment isn't standard. I recommend the thing is your doctor, although in the event that you can't or even would not, attempting upping your energy to view if it assists. Make sure you usually are having excellent meals, remaining hydrated and also having at least 8hours involving zzz's for each nights.