Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Couch to 5K

I've (re-) started this program found at Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan Yesterday I completed day 1 of week 1. Would anyone consider starting up and being a running buddy?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by avelina
I've (re-) started this program found at Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan Yesterday I completed day 1 of week 1. Would anyone consider starting up and being a running buddy?
Cool Running is a great site. And the C25K program seems to be real good. I read about a lot of success on their message board with this program. I do not know if you have gone to their message board but you will find lots of people there looking to get involved in the C25K program.

Oh yah -- Go Moose!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me too!

Wow! What a coincidence I just started this program on Tuesday and today I completed day 2 of week 1. I'll be your running buddy!

I just have to warn you though, I may take longer to complete this program because I gained 20 pounds over the past year (it was a tough year) and I now weigh 197 and am only 5'3". I haven't exercised at all for months so I am not in the best shape right now. Generally I have always been in pretty good shape even overweight because I am an avid walker and go to the gym on and off but I am totally determined to reach that 5k goal! It feels amazing to do this in the morning. Today the sun is shining and I feel really good!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reply to mtlgirl

Don't worry about it taking longer. I'll still continue on but at least we can talk about our challenges each week and our victories too!
The first time I did the C25k I repeated nearly every week after week 2. It's not easy but it's so worth it when you start running for three minutes, then five...twenty and more!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

That's great that you already did it once so you know what to expect. I feel that I may have to repeat some of the weeks just because I don't want to get injured.

I'm so excited about this program. I have to say that Day 2 was actually a bit easier than Day 1 so the immediate improvement is so encouraging. It's so nice to share progress with someone too!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

One of the things I have to remember when it gets hard is that it's supposed to be hard, that's what working out is. Sometimes I literally have to talk myself into completing just one more minute!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I saw this program online about 6 months ago and then couldnt find it when I bought my treadmill! Thank you for posting the link!!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

If you are still looking for a running buddy, I'd like to be one. I have been running for about 5 years, but due to an injury I have not run for the past 5 months. I really want to get back to my running, but it is like starting all over and more than anything, I am lacking motivation. I think having a running buddy would really help. Let me know if you are still interested.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

Cool

Originally Posted by flock4
If you are still looking for a running buddy, I'd like to be one. I have been running for about 5 years, but due to an injury I have not run for the past 5 months. I really want to get back to my running, but it is like starting all over and more than anything, I am lacking motivation. I think having a running buddy would really help. Let me know if you are still interested.
Absolutely! We could all check in here at the end of each week and see how we're all doing.
I find it very difficult to get motivated again after stopping an exercise program too. I've actually completed this one twice before but when I stop for a few months, I'm right back to where I started!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

That's a great idea Avelina. Let's all check in here weekly to chart our progress and encourage each other. I also find it hard to get motivated which always confuses me because while I am doing the run/walk I love it. Even when it's hard (and it sure is some days) I still love how it makes me feel so why is it so hard to get motivated to go out there and just do it?

I just checked our weather forecast and we are supposed to get steady rain for the next 5 days! I'm going to need all the motivation I can muster to go running in the rain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.