Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Finished W2D1 and felt great.

Rose that is so cool.....31 minutes is amazing... but I also think it is amazing that you just kept going....gr8 job!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I did a day of week 3 yesterday and my back felt great! Tomorrow I'm going to try a day from week 4 and see how I do. I'm so excited to be running again!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Congrats to everyone! Today in W1D1 for me! Tomorrow I'm going to cross-train with some swimming.
Edited to add: How do I get my starting, current and goal weight to show?
Thanks
Kathleen

Last edited by crkathleen; 08-02-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: question
Old 08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kathleen! Welcome to Couch to 5k! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. I just finished W9D2 today which means I have only one run left until I have completed the program. I can't even tell you how proud I am of myself and how amazing I feel! I really LOVE running now... something I never thought I'd say.

If you want to add your stats to your signature, you have to go into "User CP" which is at the top on the left of the tool at the top of the thread. Select "Edit signature" and then add the info you'd like everyone to see and you're done!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks mtl for your help and the warm welcoming. I just got home from work and my legs feel like jello. I don't even want to go get dinner. Lol maybe that's a good thing. I am looking forward to swimming tomorrow! Yeah!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

You're welcome Kathleen! It's a great idea to balance the running with swimming which puts no stress on your joints at all. I should do more swimming! And of course it's normal that your legs feel like jello after the first workout. Mine did too!

I also do a workout DVD, 3 times a week that focuses on weight training and burning fat. It's the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout and it's only 20 minutes so I find it easy to squeeze into my work schedule.

Wow, we have almost exactly the same stats! I joined Fitday back in February but wasn't really following any kind of regular program until the end of May which is why May 26th is my official start date but back in February I weighed 205 pounds and I am 5'3" and we have the same goal weight!

Just remember when doing the C25K, that you should feel free to repeat a week if you don't feel physically able to move to the next level. I repeated a couple of weeks. I just didn't want to put too much stress on my joints while allowing my muscles time to strengthen around them to prevent injury. Go at your own pace, it's very rewarding!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-02-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default I did it!!!!!

Hey Everyone! I am thrilled to announce that I finished the C25K program today! WOOHOO!!!

Now I will focus on speed and distance. I am actually going to run my first 5K race on August 22nd! Do you think I'll win? LOL
Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Mtlgirl! I can't wait to be in your shoes!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

It will happen before you know it, Kathleen!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Wow that's so awesome mtlgirl! Congratulations! I just read about this program today in another thread and am fascinated by it. I've never tried running before, and still can't imagine myself doing it, but it sounds like a pretty simple plan to follow.

Good luck in your upcoming race! Let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.