Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

I just ran for the first time today. Ran 4 times 30 seconds each. Walked for five minutes in between. And that was enough for today!! Going to do that every second day for two weeks then up it to 45 seconds and six times. Slow but sure is my goal.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 PM
FitDay Member

I RAN FOR 25 MINUTES TODAY!! I did it! And I didn't give up! YAY me!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Avelina, that is soooo great! Congratulations!

I am totally inspired to keep going. Today I'm doing an 8k powerwalk and tomorrow I'm restarting the C25K.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

I definitely want to try this! Endurance running is a huge personal goal of mine, since I can't run at all right now. Last I checked, I could only run for about 17 minutes but that was at speed 4.5 on the treadmill. So this seems like a very good idea. Thanks for the link!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Avelina! I hope to be able to run for 25 minutes sometime soon!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah: I'm not sure of my pace since I run outside but I doubt it's much faster than 5.0 on the treadmill-slow but I'm not worried about that right now. I'm just happy I can run at all! Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

I just did Day 1 of the C25K and it kicked my butt! I just barely made it haha. I was switching between 60 seconds of 6mph and then 90 seconds of 3mph. I'll have to lower that 6mph next time, but I had to keep going with it for today because that's how my mind works. I can't give in or slow down once I've started. But this looks to be a promising program! I hope it helps me!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default C25K App

Hi Everyone!

I just downloaded a Couch To 5K app on my iPhone and it gave the motivation to start it all over again this morning. I am recovered enough from my stomach ulcer (nasty thing!) to run again and I am totally motivated. The app is great! I don't have to look at the time at all. A voice tells you when to run and when to walk and you can choose your own playlist of music to work out to. It's great! I really enjoyed my run this morning!

Sarah, welcome to the club! Sounds like you pushed yourself pretty hard in that first workout! I'm running outside so I have no idea what speed I'm running at but I don't think that I'm going higher than 5 on the treadmill. I am just trying to build on stamina now and I'll worry about speed later!

Have a great day, Everyone!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by avelina
I've (re-) started this program found at Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan Yesterday I completed day 1 of week 1. Would anyone consider starting up and being a running buddy?
I did this up through W7 and I have been thinking about doing it again but this time using the road instead of a treadmill. I am overweight so the pounding of the road hit a little harder on the knees but I think I might be ready....although I am still overweight C25K has definitely helped my endurance and muscles. I can still see the difference after 6 months of not running. I will meet up with you ladies on here.

You will definitely surprise yourself from week to week. I love this program. I started this program at 225 lbs. and the 7 weeks took me 10 because I repeated a week. It works!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

I started week 7 today, and ran another 25 minutes. I won't say it was easy but I didn't feel like I needed to give up at any point. Just a few weeks ago I felt like giving up after 5 minutes, like that was too much to handle. If I can do this you guys, so can you! I'm still almost 180 pounds and running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.