Notices

Weight loss plateau.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss plateau.

Hi everyone. So I have been trying to shift some weight for well...years actually, and in August I joined a gym, and have been working hard in the gym to kick myself into shape. I lost just over 5kgs in a matter of weeks, and was super pleased with myself. Now....a whole month has passed, and I have not shifted a THING! I have fluctuated by maybe 1kg either way, but I am exactly the same weight as I was on september 10th. Not pleased!

When I go to the gym, I normally do weights maybe 3-4 times a week, at least 20 mins on the bike (normally 30-40 mins) and at least 45 mins on the cross trainer. I sometimes row for 5-10 mins (as that's all I can manage!) and I normally go to the gym maybe 4 or 5 times a week. What the heck is happening and how can I get past this? I have a lot of weight to lose, as in a min of 10 kgs until my BMI is classed as healthy. It's not muscle that's going on either before someone else says that, as my measurements have not changed in the last month. Getting so fed up with it now.....
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe your calorie tracking is off?

I did a quick search and found 2 pages of threads dealing with plateaus. Check out these for some suggestions: FitDay Discussion Boards - Search Results