Notices

30 Day Shred...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Did level 2 today. Ouch. It was really hard. Anyone else tweak a knee on pendulam (sp?) lunges?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

So after reading this thread a few days ago, I happened upon the DVD on sale for $8, and thought "Why not?". I need to mix it up anyway, this seemed like a cheap way to do it. So I put it in the DVD player on Monday morning, and run through it like it's nothing. My normal workout is 10-15 minutes of stretching and an hour on the elliptical. I feel good afterward, skip my stretching and jump on the elliptical and go wild for the entire hour. Tuesday morning I wake up with thighs afire, but again I do the shred because it warmed me up really well for the elliptical and I typically work sore muscles to get the kinks out. After the shred I do full out on the elliptical and get the highest revolutions I've ever seen on that machine! Whoo hooo hoooo!!! Well now I'm sitting here and I can hardly move, I'm cold and seized up from my gluts through my calves, when I post this message and go upstairs to put the kiddies to bed, it's quit possibly going to bring tears to my eyes. I have no idea what makes that workout so hard, but there it is. I don't know if I can face the shred tomorrow, we'll see. Right now I'm thinking that if it makes me cry to bend over and put my shorts on I may have to give self the day off.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Definitely take a day off if you need to. I had to take a few days off unfortunately since I hurt my shoulder (not during shredding or anything), but I still worked out every day... I just doubled up on my usual biking route. Although I like to do strength training & cardio... no sense in making my injury worse and putting myself out for longer. I'm looking forward to starting again tomorrow though as my shoulder is all healed!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
FitDay Member

Oh my goodness I've never felt this sore after a workout! My thighs, my calves, even my shoulder blades are aching like crazy! I didn't think it was so bad during the actual exercises but the next day was practically torture!

Is it best to give your muscles a rest when they're this sore or is it best to just plow through the pain and keep working them out??
Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HolaKitty
Oh my goodness I've never felt this sore after a workout! My thighs, my calves, even my shoulder blades are aching like crazy! I didn't think it was so bad during the actual exercises but the next day was practically torture!

Is it best to give your muscles a rest when they're this sore or is it best to just plow through the pain and keep working them out??
I don't know. Often I find that if I just rest, then it might take days and days to get over the pain. But if I get the muscles warmed up again the next day, grit teeth through the pain, it will be even worse in 24 hours, but completely better in 48.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

This workout does get you at first. My quads seized up the first time I did it, but the results are worth it, so take care of your body but keep it up! Stretching well afterward is a must. I did not do it on consecutive days the first two or three times, but I did walk on alternate days. That seemed to work pretty well. Icing the muscles that are sore could help, too. It goes away fairly quickly, and when you move to the other levels it's not that bad all over again.

Plus a massage is great if you can get it .
Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

I started the 30 day shred on April 8, 2010. The first couple days my legs were so sore I could hardly move. Read online that taking Apple Cider Vinegar helps relieve muscle soreness. Added that to my daily routine and the pain went away quickly. I have only completed 20 workout sessions. Got sick and had to take a week off.
I love this dvd. My body has improved so much in just a short amount of time. Lost 4.5 lbs and 3 inches in my waist. My strength and flexibility has improved greatly. I am still at level one and plan to remain here until I can do all reps at the advanced level for several workouts. It is great to finally have a workout plan that works and fits into my busy schedule. Good luck everyone!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

30 day shred IS a tough work out. Bootcamp style, I would guess. I went from Denise Austin's dvd's and tv show to her and I thought I was going to die!!! I since started taking kung fu and it was much harder and even still when I put in the shred dvd, it is still hard but doable.

To sum up, it is hard, but VERY effective and so darn brief that b4 you know it you are done.

Good luck everyone.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

I am bumping this thread up...

I just started the 30-Day Shred this morning. Wow, what a workout! I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow. My question is, "Do I have to do this every day for 30 days?" I am currently on week 2 of the Couch to 5k running program which I love and am very excited to keep going with it. I run 3 times per week and I thought the 30-Day Shred would be a great workout to do on the days I am not running.

I enjoyed my first workout a lot but could barely keep up with the ab work. It's my weakness. I still can't believe how much I sweat in just 30 minutes but I am very encouraged now that I have read this thread and just wondering if any of you kept it up for the full 30 days and what your final results were.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

I'm making peace with Jillian once again.

Day 1
Level 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.