Notices

30 Day Shred...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Just started doing the 30 Day Shred yesterday. It's tough, but I didn't find Level 1 to be real tough, I think I might try Level 2 today to see if that would be a better start for me. Has anyone tried this? Does it work if you are consistent?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes I do 30 DS if I can't make the gym. I've found that I don't lose a ton of weight on it, but I DO lose inches if I stick with it for more than a few days (which I usually don't , haha, she kicks my butt a little too hard right now!)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I did the 30 day shred for just over 20 days. I level 1 and then level 2 for 10 days each and then probably 2-3 days on level 3. I did the workout each day for those 22-23 days until the discomfort in my knees would not allow me to do more. So I would advise not doing it for 30 consecutive days. I think it was a good workout but can't say I lost any weight and my clothes still fit the same. Such a bummer with all the other positive results I read about before trying it out myself. I can say that my stamina certainly increased but I was really hoping for inches lost. Everyone's different so give it a try - just not consecutive days as mentioned above.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

I've been using the Jillian 30 day shred about 2-3 days a week for a couple weeks and it seems to be working I've been consistently losing 1-2 lbs a week. I also use Denise Austin dvds (shes one of my favorites). If you want a really good workout the Denise Austin Blast away 10 pounds dvd is really good and also a 20 minute workout but its a bit more challenging. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hello I just joined this site today..pretty cool, I was actually looking for people who have started Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and here I am! lol I Just started the Shred and this is day 4 Im finally not sore! the last few days were tough but I stuck to it! Im hoping to lose the 20 in the 30 days I hope it's possible. Looking forward to hearing everyone's experience with the shred
Old 04-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Christie, welcome to FitDay. I've done the Shred in the past and it is great for toning up and you see results fairly quickly if you pair it with eating sensibly. However, I think the claim of 20 pounds in 30 days is stretching it a bit. Losing and keeping it off is a process that can't be hurried along (unfortunately). The rate at which you lose depends on your height, starting weight and age (basically factors in how many calories you're burning). Generally, 1-2 pounds per week is considered a safe and maintainable rate of loss, though if you're just starting out you might get a big drop of (mostly water) weight in the early weeks.

Stick with it and good luck! It is possible to lose the weight, and there's never a better time to start than now
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I just started it today and it was so much harder than I expected. I'm not going to do it every day, I'm alternating with running.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

So I posted above saying how I did not lose any weight or inches but my stamina increased. I would like to add a little something more. I use to jog when I was younger but just didn't think I could manage it again. The shred taught me to challenge myself. On Monday I decided to break out of my comfort zone of walking on the treadmill and try a walk/jog combination. Guess what?!?! I could not only jog but go for much longer intervals than I thought.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred WORKS!!! Keep at it!

Hi all,

I'm new here, and just saw that some folks here are doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I want to tell you - IT WORKS but only if you stick with it (and stick with it far, far past 30 days!).... Think about it - if you only do it for 30 days, then what? Make it a daily habit and you will truly see results and feel stronger.

I am in my mid-30s and have a 2 year old and a 1-year old. About 4 months after having my son, I wanted to lose the baby weight. I was carrying an additional 5 lbs and weighed in at 125 lbs; I just wanted to lose the 5 lbs and tone up. I ended up losing 18 lbs after doing the Shred for 229 days (and counting).

My stats:
July 2010 started working out
Weight: 125 lbs
height: 5 foot 5 inches
Goal weight: 120 lbs

Current stats at April 2011 after working out for 229 (nearly consecutive) days:
Weight: 107 lbs
Goal weight - I don't want to lose any more weight, I just want to keep building muscle!

After being pregnant or post-partum for 3 years, I have needed to re-learn how to eat healthy and how to take care of my body again. With limited time caring for two babies, I have been able to carve out 30 minutes to work out before my kids get up each morning.

On my "rest" day I usually do a yoga class. I'm a habit person and I feel less energized if I don't work out.

Keep at your daily workouts, folks. You can do it!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

I like the 30-Day Shred, but if you really want a workout that brings it to a whole new level, get a copy of Bob Harper's inside out method Cardio Rev Up. Now there's a workout to kick your butt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.