Notices

Yoga

Old 07-25-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Yoga

Does yoga help with walking and running?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

it may help it helps me everyone is different
Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by movefaster
Does yoga help with walking and running?
I would say definitely, but it depends a little on the type of yoga you are practicing. Many of the hatha styles really help with balance and core strength, not to mention the stretching. Since running and walking can really cause the leg muscles to tighten up, yoga will help keep them loose. In any event is certainly can't hurt
Old 05-27-2014, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

Yoga exercise very help full to get fit and flexible body.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Yes

Of course everyone is different and we should take caution when giving or receiving advice but....
Yoga makes a big difference for runners from my experience. I am part of a large group of runners many of whom, myself included run Ultra-Marathons. This of course means we get in a lot of distance each week. As part of our groups training we do 8 week of YIN yoga. Yin is about getting to the edge of uncomfortable in a pose and maintaining it typically about three minutes.It made a big difference to how easy i moved along the trails.
I got feeling so good I started skipping the yoga . Today after our long run the old pains seem to be coming back. I did my yoga practice this afternoon and plan to do it again tonight.
I vow to never stop doing yoga again
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

It Does.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Yoga is amazing if you have time and motivation to do it and in combination with exercise result is amazing....
Old 02-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Banned

Default yoga

The word "yoga" comes to us from the Sanskrit language and means a "union" or "joining together".The most widely known to westerners is a series of physical poses or "asanas" which may be flowed through and/or held for varying periods of time.