Notices

Weight gain

Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your advice everyone!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

20 to 30 minutes walks is essential to reduce weight.

Last edited by lewisbell; 08-03-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lewisbell
20 to 30 minutes walks is essential to reduce weight.
A nice long walk right after a good workout is a nice way to lose weight.
I also agree with everyone here. Make sure you are getting enough water.
Stubborn belly fat is the last to go.
Robb
Old 08-07-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

I must admit I thought I would lose loads of weight once I started exercising but it just hasn't happened and I've been going (with some gaps) for a year now. I still lose on average just under 1lb a week which is no different from before I started exercising.

However, the difference is apparent when the gym measured my body fat and found that I now have within the recommended % for internal fat (the bad stuff around your organs). I may still have a lot of weight to lose but it's good to know that internally I'm healthier than I ever have been.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

What does 'medically controlled' mean when you describe your diet? If you are still making your food choices yourself, and cooking and buying food, then take a day or two and just eat some frozen meals and have some liquid meal supplement to add up to 1500 calories for the day. Don't eat anything else and don't snack. Do that for a few days and you should lose weight. If you don't, then you should go straight to your doctor and explain the situation.

If you don't lose weight when other people (companies, products) are doing the measuring, then you have a medical problem and your doctor should become involved in working on THAT problem. When people measure food for themselves, and start tracking food themselves, errors start to creep in. A few days of frozen meals will show it.