Notices

Cycling

Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cycling

This is the begining of my life change journey, I love to ride bikes and was just given a hand me down trel 800 hybred, I am looking forward to getting the bike in shape and start pedaling any advise?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
This is the begining of my life change journey, I love to ride bikes and was just given a hand me down trel 800 hybred, I am looking forward to getting the bike in shape and start pedaling any advise?
Do you have a couple of bike trails in your area? If so, they are great ways to get you biking mojo back. Each trip out go a little further. Once you get your confidence and strength back you can start using your bike to run errands or visit friends. Sometimes it is the path, not necessarily the destination... if you know what I mean??
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Be patient! If it has been a long time since you rode a bike, even five miles will seem like a huge distance. Start with level, paved areas. Off road is fun, but there is much more rolling resistance. Take a good look at the seat and make sure it is in good shape. Have the bike tuned up and well oiled. Also, make sure the tire pressure is at or near maximum. Have fun! It is a great way to see the world.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Cycling is best exercise.It gives relaxation to your complete body. and cycling in the very early morning will give you a lot of fresh and pure air.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all, if you have followed my succec post I have made the first block of 18.5# loss on a journey of 185.
I live in a somewhat rural part of Southern Maryland. we have some bike paths near but there is lots of riding around , I am working on walking now and I will progress as my wind comes back!, I can't wai't

Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
Thanks to all, if you have followed my succec post I have made the first block of 18.5# loss on a journey of 185.
I live in a somewhat rural part of Southern Maryland. we have some bike paths near but there is lots of riding around , I am working on walking now and I will progress as my wind comes back!, I can't wai't

Thanks

I did see your post - AWESOME
Keep it up, you seemed to have found your groove
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default All the way back.

I decided to take out my old friend today. My Giant Cypress DX. My Odometer has 1242 miles on it, but is really closer to twice that. It is sad for me to recall that I could once ride 100 miles and then, ride another 100 the next day. I bought this bike to do a charity ride called AIDS/Lifecycle. Yes, I once rode from San Francisco to Los Angeles on a bike over six days.

Today I rode 6.4 miles in 34 minutes. I am nowhere near where I once was, or probably ever be again. I love my bike and I do love to ride. I want others to share their experiences on a bike. Maybe I can find inspiration. I will try not to geek out too much on technical details. My bike is a sturdy, heavy, relatively inexpensive hybrid. I switched to road tires since that is what I mostly do and knobby tires are harder to roll. I have added a bike computer and a rear rack for carrying things. Yes, this makes the bike heavier, but it is a multi use device.

Attached is a pic of my old friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Giant 2012.v01.jpg (78.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default cycling

I really love to ride cycle, it keep body fit and shape..and I use 5 to 6 km everyday.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-23-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cycling Numbers 06-26-12

10.71 Miles
59.29 Minutes
24.80 Max Speed (downhill)
10.80 Avg Speed

Joe
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Borg-mx5
10.71 Miles
59.29 Minutes
24.80 Max Speed (downhill)
10.80 Avg Speed

Joe

Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.