Too much exercise? >

Too much exercise?

Community
Notices

Too much exercise?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Too much exercise?

Hello! I am new to FitDay and have a question-I started out weighing 198 on 4/26-I now weigh 186(as of 2day).I work out @ Curves for 30 mintes a day 6 times a week and do 17 minutes on an elliptical 4 x a day (about 1 mile each time)I eat around 1200 calories a day and m burning close to 3000-Am i not eating enough,am I exercising to much?No weight has come off in the past 10 days n I gotta say I am getting fustrated.The irst 12 lbs flew off n now I'm like WTF??!! Any ideas/suggestions would b appreciated! thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi sneekspeete,
Congrats on your loss! One thought that crosses my mind is that maybe fewer, but more intense workouts may help. It looks like you are getting pretty fit and maybe your body has adjusted to your current level of exercise. Curves is a great program to get started. But if you can complete 6 days in a row and not feel tired, you may need to up the intensity with harder workouts.

So why do you break the elliptical into 4 intervals? Can you do 2 a day at 2 miles instead? You might find it harder, but more effective.

Finally burning 3000 cals a day is pretty hard to do. For me, it requires running at least a 1/2 marathon (13 miles) to approach that number, so you may want to revisit your calculations.

Just a thought. In any event, stick with it your fitness level is improving even if you aren't seeing much movement on the scale.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi I thought 3000 sounded high also-i was going by whet was on my pie chart but when I added sleep for the first time the # went down???. Guess I not using this correctly. anyway I do 17 minutes. At a time on the machine because my legs feel like they're gonna fall off if I do more than that at 1 time so I break it up.although I did manage 20 minutes last night! Yay me! Did I mention I 'fe only had the elliptical for 7 days n have never used one n it's on the highest setting?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeah, the calorie burn calculators require a little playing around with and some experience with your own body to get the numbers to line up. Lots of people like to add sleep to the activities list because it seems to bring the numbers closer to reality.

Ahh, I see you are doing 4 repetions of 17 minutes on the elliptical - that's a good strategy. Ellipticals are great exercise.