FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Any pedometer users out there? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/725-any-pedometer-users-out-there.html)

almeeker 03-27-2010 11:11 AM

Any pedometer users out there?

I have one and love it. Just curious if there are enough users to have a pedometer "challenge" where you would post your steps for the week? I keep wishing that I could enter my steps on fitday, but so far I haven't seen a place to do that. Maybe it's part of the PC package or part of the premium? I don't know.

mandab1 03-27-2010 12:28 PM

I use a pedometer. I just started using it a few weeks ago and seeing how few steps I have on days when I'm being lazy really helps motivate me to just get up and get moving.

If there are enough people I think a challenge would be great!

toofarwest 03-28-2010 06:44 AM

I have one, a cheap $Walmart one, but really only use it when I am outside walking, I don't wear it "daily". It does switch between steps and miles so I can enter mileage into Fitday

12685mrrr 03-28-2010 10:26 AM

I'd love to take part in a pedometer challenge!

desertmountain 03-29-2010 04:07 AM

Hey almeeker, count me in! I've been wanting to start the 10,000 steps ever since I read your post about your program, so this is just the thing to get me started
I'll have to buy a pedometer since I can't find my old one (a cheap one with no features). I like the miles or steps feature that toofarwest posted. Are there any other features that you find helpful that I should look for?

sw07 03-29-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by toofarwest (Post 7022)
I have one, a cheap $Walmart one, but really only use it when I am outside walking, I don't wear it "daily". It does switch between steps and miles so I can enter mileage into Fitday

Same here, I'll use it when I walk my dogs or if plan on doing a lot of walking (swap meets, car shows, hiking/fishing day trips, etc).

I may try it daily just to see where I'm at for daily step count.

desertmountain 03-31-2010 04:10 AM

When can we start?

Almeeker-can we start sometime after you get back from Chicago? I think I really need to post it to get into the habit.

almeeker 03-31-2010 04:49 AM

I say we start tomorrow April 1st, and no, this not a joke!

I have an Omron Walking Style pedometer, it measures steps, miles, kcal, and it breaks out the number of steps that are aerobic (60 steps a min or faster), it also tells time. It cost about $20 on Amazon.com. I carry it in my pocket all the time, I find it motivating. The thing I love about it is that it stores the info for 7 days, so you don't have to write your steps down every day.

I say for the challenge we post our steps once a week, on Thursday starting April 8th, and I'll put together a post showing the pedometer users in order of the steps they took. So technically the "prize" is your name at the top of the list and a "kudos" from the rest of us. The goal for all of us is to average 10,000 steps a day, and to challenge each other to get a little higher daily average by the end of the month.