Insanity.... Opinions? >

Insanity.... Opinions?

Community
Notices

Insanity.... Opinions?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Insanity.... Opinions?

So, I've been doing the Insanity workout for about a month now. I like it, it's different, I am getting much stronger, my waist is getting skinnier... but I'm not losing weight (though admittedly it my be due to my eating habits or the occasional second workout I do outside of insanity during the week).

So. I was just curious to see who else was out there doing it and what have your results been like?

Last edited by CCStallings; 03-27-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

about a year before I took it off and tried to work two days ... but I decided it was too hard for me ... prefer to hold more programs adapted for women
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Being female has nothing to do it <~ I is a female. It's more about your fitness level at the time your doing it, and whether or not you go at the pace of the DVD or your own pace. I went my own pace for the first week and gradually caught up to the video pace, and for some am even faster than the pace he sets.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with the above statement. I am going at my own pace but each time the same dvd comes around I get a bit faster. I am also loosing weight and just trimming up in general although I have also been doing atleast 2 miles a day and using Herbal life.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Impressive!

I'm impressed with anyone who follows through with the whole Insanity program. I thought about it, but I started dedicating myself to losing fat on Jan 1 of this year and I'm down 30 lbs by simply watching what I eat and hitting the eliptical 45 mins a day/5 days a week.

I personally just don't think I could train that hard for that long but I commend you!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrssteel
I'm impressed with anyone who follows through with the whole Insanity program. I thought about it, but I started dedicating myself to losing fat on Jan 1 of this year and I'm down 30 lbs by simply watching what I eat and hitting the eliptical 45 mins a day/5 days a week.

I personally just don't think I could train that hard for that long but I commend you!
Not to rain on your parade MRSSTEEL, but if you are not doing any weight/resistance training a lot of that 30lbs (50%) may be from muscle loss and not fat loss. If you want to maximize your fat loss incorporate some heavy lifting (6 repetitions to failure) into your workouts and adjust your diet to get .5 grams to 1.0 grams of protien per pound of lean body weight daily.