Notices

Yoga

Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

What an excellent modification - I'm glad you found it!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yoga Videos

Does anyone know where I can find Yoga Videos to download onto my laptop? We don't have a dvd, and unfortunately my mini-laptop doesn't have a cdrom so dvd's are useless. My room is too small to do any exercise in, but I'd like to bring my laptop into my living room where I could watch videos and exercise in a larger space. No internet connection in the living room. Either way it'd be convenient to have them downloaded to my laptop so I can exercise where ever I please.

Do any of you know any sites I can go to for Yoga videos to download. I don't know if there are any free sites, but if there are that'd be a major plus. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

i have netflix the canadian one ANYWAYS if you are in the US the american netflix has a GREAT selection of yoga & palates videos that might work for you. worth checking out. i see all the yoga ones on there & wish i could access them hopefully in time i will be able to. good luck.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

I wish I was still in the USA to do NetFlix =( I'm in Turkey though =S I did watch some yoga videos on Youtube, and wrote down the routine one of the ladies had given for beginners. So, I'm going to try that, and just see if that will work for me. =D Thank you though!!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

i do ones on youtube too i find them good.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

i find it stretches out my calves, but not so much my hamstrings. is that normal?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

I really like Yoga Videos and Yoga Poses at Yogatic with Esther Ekhart . You have to mix and match videos, if you don't want to buy the DVD. But she's got a few sequences that work together (e.g., sun salutations A & B; 'yoga for weight loss').

edit: ah, sorry, just saw you have no internet in the living room. If you find Youtube videos you like, though, you can convert them into downloadable files. Have safely made audio files like this, using free online converters found through Google search, but can't vouch for any sites in particular. Can search 'convert youtube to video'.

Last edited by pinenutcasserole; 04-11-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

I have had the same "growth". I have lived life at 5'2 1/4 " until about 1 year ago when I started measuring 5'3" at the Dr's office. I started a streatching, yoga routine about 2 years before that. I can also touch my toes with ease -- something I could never do. So I would say Yes we can get taller!!! mary
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

How amazing (and interesting)! Has the angle of curvature changed?

Wiki says physio can make a difference; seems plausible that yoga could do something similar.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

I read that inverted exercise (hanging) will undo spinal compression, I don't know that that would make you taller but help you regain your height.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.