Notices

Love handles

Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Love handles

Hi

No doubt this has been brought up before but just wondering if anyone has succesfully reduced their love handles and what exercises they used? I have weights, kettlebells, punch bag and a bike but no other equipment.

I've been doing an ab/core workout recently and feel like they are coming off but would just like to know what has helped you out there?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no such thing as spot reducing. Doing more ab work will not make the fat shrink off your stomach. Just as doing more curls will not make the fat on your arms disappear. The fact is your love handles will shrink as your overall bodyfat is reduced. Try to do 3 sets of 6 repetitions (to failure) with your weights. This will help you build the muscle that helps burn even more calories. Do core building exercises like squats and deadlifts because that is where you can build the most muscle. Include cardio (you may want to look into High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT) to help burn the fat also. You can incorporate your bike into your cardio as either the primary or a secondary option.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no such thing as spot reducing.
My measurements from my work physical 3 years ago when I weighed 190 lbs show my belly button measurement as 42 inches and I'm now under 40 inches. My other measurements are all within half an inch so I clearly have improved one area albeit very slowly over 3 years. I've been training again since september but have probably averaged 1 day a week since then. I go through patches but am back into 5 days a week at present.

I know girls who have lost their bingo wings through exercise and no diet so if something is worse than normal I'm sure you can improve it. My love handles in ratio to my other measurements are larger than they should be.

I understand that I need to reduce my overall body fat % and also my weight needs to reduce however I'm looking for the best exercises to work my obliques aswell as the rest of my core in order to grow muscle and definition for when I do lose weight.

No point just dieting and and training cardio when you know you have a bigger problem area than somewhere else. I have lots of core exercises just want to know what else is out there.

Last edited by MonkeyDave19; 02-28-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Quote not showing as quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default What I do...

Wile standing up, w/your feet at a good stance I suck my gut in and twist/punch side to side -I punch upwards to the right then upwards to the left... on and on for 50-75 / then I do 50-75 twist punches at chin level / then 50-75 in a downward motion. Depending on my skill level at the time I will use 3 or 6 lb. weights.

Then I also stand still and do side bends feeling a big stretch.... 100 times. Also, you can use weights (little ones). Good luck!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

As men store most of their fat on the belly, that's where you lose the most inches. Fat is lost proportionally over the entire body.

You would have lost the same if you were doing squats, running, swimming or just dieting with no exercise.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

You can't localize fat loss or change the places your body stores fat without taking hormones.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Larger abdominal muscles will make your waistline larger!

Really though, if someone goes from sedentary to less sedentary while maintaining the same food regimine, sure they'll lose some weight, though they'll quickly stall. Maybe this is where you are right now?

Barbell back squats and overhead presses have really done a great job making my abdominals stronger. Something I've just started messing around with is the ab wheel, that thing is brutal too! They're easily made or cheaply purchased. Also there are lots of bodyweight abdominal exercises out there too. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

I killed my love handles via tae bo and some trail running last summer. Oblique workouts help, and you really need the diet and cardio to reduce the fat. Howeve,r my body type - I'm a woman - is a pear shape, so my hips and thighs and that whole general area is where that weight goes. I was a little thick but never really heavy, so it didn't take much for me to see a change.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

After having tried a variety of products, tips, tactics, diet plans and ebooks, I was not sure if I should give it a try but I was able to start seeing considerable results within just 3 months of usingthe ZOX Formula. In this period of time, I was able to take 6 inches off my waist. Not only that but I was able to reduce my weight from 220 pounds to 140 pounds and lose love handles too. The best part is the tactics and strategies of ZOX formula, are easy, fun and they help me stay at 140 pounds without much of an effort which is just great.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-22-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: edited out link
Old 04-18-2014, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

To find out, how to lose love handles,visit
How to Lose Love Handles for Men