Notices

Ideas needed 4 exercises at the track

Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ideas needed 4 exercises at the track

I have a "walking/jogging" buddy. She likes to just jog around and around. I find that boring so I mix in exercises as I go. Skipping, going backwards, cross body upper cuts with my fists keeping my lower body straight (this one really works my sides and abs), grapevine, lunges etc.
Yesterday I started carrying 2 lb hand weights to do arm exercises, too.
I also have fun trying to "walk the line" between the lanes. On one section of the track the paint is noticably higher than the lanes so it actually feels like I'm walking on a balance beam!
Twice now since we've been going to this track I've seen a group there. I asked them who they were and it was a group training for a marathon. They did all kinds of mini sprints, etc just like what I am doing but I can't remember much of what they did.

I'm looking for suggestions of more things I can do as I "move" around the track to create variety and work lots of different muscle groups.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

bring a jump rope with ya