Notices

Cardio Watch

Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Cardio Watch

I watch my caloried burned through my cardio watch, which is a better monitor than the machines at the gym. Does anyone know where I can add my personal calories burned ?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

I use a HR monitor/watch as well. The technique I use is to find an exercise that approximates the calories per minute I burn and use it. I put in the time exercised and see if the total calories match my watch. I adjust 1 or 2 minutes either way to get the calories burned based on my watch.

For me, its more accounting for the exercise than what the specific exercise really was. For example, I find when I do the elliptical, I need to use the "running stairs" exercise to approximate the calories I burn rather than the "stair/tread" setting in Fitday.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Yes I do the same, but note the actual in my journal. I have used another site, not to be mentioned here, that allows you to manually track your calories and was hoping I could do the same here.