FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Spinning/Cardio Cycling (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/5203-spinning-cardio-cycling.html)

millie4 09-13-2011 10:52 AM

Spinning/Cardio Cycling

Hi,

Am new to FitDay and wondering what section I find Spinning/Cardio cycling studio classes in the activities (so I can add and work out cals burned etc).... It's not really biking as you don't go a distance so to speak and you're up and down like a bloomin' yo-yo!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
:D

almeeker 09-13-2011 11:54 AM

Try "stationary biking", I think there are a couple of different flavors, like "moderate", "vigorous", etc., etc.

millie4 09-13-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 56463)
Try "stationary biking", I think there are a couple of different flavors, like "moderate", "vigorous", etc., etc.

:) Thanks for your help almeeker I will check that out :D

almeeker 09-13-2011 12:00 PM

You're welcome. I wish I could find a spin/cardio class, but none of the facilities around here have the equipment. So I just get on a regular stationary bike and pretend some crazy instructor is trying to kill me.

cjohnson728 09-13-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 56465)
You're welcome. I wish I could find a spin/cardio class, but none of the facilities around here have the equipment. So I just get on a regular stationary bike and pretend some crazy instructor is trying to kill me.

Maybe they have podcasts?

dear_abby 09-13-2011 01:22 PM

Welcome Millie! Keep on spinning....

My Y will be replacing Tuesday AM Zumba with spin (they aren't calling it that, I think it's a copyright issue), so next week I'm going to try - although the time is a little off for me - 6 AM - we'll see how it goes

Abby

gvalentine 10-06-2011 05:40 PM

Millie
our trainers estimate a 45 min spin burns between 400-520 depending on your
effort. pretty safe guidline. fun class