FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   I hate the gym but I love to.... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/519-i-hate-gym-but-i-love.html)

staceyalberta 02-25-2010 09:48 AM

I hate the gym but I love to....

I hate the gym, but I still like to exercise. So I'm wondering what others do instead of going to the gym. Maybe I'll get some good ideas from y'all. Here's what I do:

~ walking outside 30 - 45 mins 6 days a week
~ free weights in my home
~ strength training with my exercise bands that I use for my legs.
~ walking lundges I do those in the back room while I'm scanning large pictures.
~ Belly Dancing just started a class last night.
~ going out & playing with my son. When the weather is nice we go to a playground we play follow the leader running through & over the equipment.

Interested to see what you do if you are not in the 'gym.'

cjohnson728 02-25-2010 10:30 AM

Great thread

I would always love new ideas. My schedule is like this:

I am doing the "Couch to 5K" running program 3 days a week.
I do cardio tennis for an hour two days a week.
I just started circuit weights two days a week for 45 minutes a pop (I'm thinking of adding another day of arms and core, but not legs till done with the running program).
Tennis season is starting soon and practices will be 1 1/2 hours weekly, plus matches.
When I get bored or if the weather is not cooperative, I change it up and get on the exercise bike, jack up the incline on my treadmill, or pull out a Pilates DVD with resistance bands.
Still trying to figure out how to roller blade in my very hilly neighborhood!

staceyalberta 02-25-2010 10:40 AM

Cassie ~ roller blading very cool.

forgot to add in summer i also play softball.

mc3150 02-26-2010 01:35 AM

Exercise

Hi Here in the northeast which I now have about 20-23 inches of snow and I am snowed in today but when the weather is bad I go to my local Mall and do 5.68-6.68 miles 6 days a week.
When the weather finally breaks I will be riding my bicycle everyday for around 35 miles a day or more.:):D

staceyalberta 02-26-2010 02:35 AM

oh mall walking FUN. you can also window shop for cute clothes you want as you lose weight...lol

sullivantim50 03-03-2010 09:54 AM

I live in California and I bicycle to a rail station whenever it does not rain. I bike downhill in the morning, and uphill at night. I climb about 1100 feet over 2.5 miles. It takes 12 minutes down, but 50 minutes up.

I also walk two dogs for 30 minutes in the dark, even when it rains

I hate the gym, but meet with a trainer one day a week to do weight training and stability exercises. I had full knee replacement (birth defect) and the exercise is critical to recover. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 8 weeks, but have 25 more to go.

TiaShizzle 03-26-2010 12:53 PM

I really, REALLY hate the gym but I want to soon face my demon. lol. Exercising is my BIGGEST challenge. I just want to get my body the habit of working out daily and I want to build my stamina. I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I have done it in the past and I love it. I just need to be consist. lol.

Im going to get in that gym someday and wear the sexiest little outfit I can buy. lol. :)