TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Abby that is TERRIFIC! Super job. So did you finish feeling that you were ready to sign up for another race?
You bet I do - it was a great time, all of it, the kids rooting me on at the side of the road, the fun with friends before hand, the fact DH appeared (he works near this course) and was screaming my name at the finish line.

I was pretty steady, 9 minute miles at each check point, I chose someone to beat in given stretches, and that worked well to keep me moving.

I made a mistake signing up, they had an "Athena" category for women over 140 lbs, I thought that would put me higher in rankings, so I signed up as that (I'm 150 these days). Instead, they put all the Athenas, and the large men (I forget the name of their category), in one group - I was #25 in that group, but #8 in women 50-55 (I flipped the results to a spreadsheet to figure this out). Had they done it the way I expected (age group and weight class both considered in ranking, I would be #1 in Athenas 50-55).

Can you tell I'm a little bubbly?

Abby
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
27.31 - finished in position 503 in a field of 1054 - I'm pretty proud of myself!
Woohoo!

I Instead, they put all the Athenas, and the large men (I forget the name of their category), in one group
Abby
Was it Clydesdale?

Last edited by sw07; 07-20-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default On to my next one

I seem to have stolen this thread - I know a lot of you are racing and should be proud of it - and it doesn't have to be a formal race, let's give this a bump, are you racing for a personal best on the elliptical? We'll root for you!

I've signed up for the Bad Habits 5K on Labor Day - don't you love the name? It doesn't support smoking, drinking or wasting time on Facebook (bad habits all), there is a theater company by that name. It was my first 5K a year ago.

Abby
Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I seem to have stolen this thread - I know a lot of you are racing and should be proud of it - and it doesn't have to be a formal race, let's give this a bump, are you racing for a personal best on the elliptical? We'll root for you!

I've signed up for the Bad Habits 5K on Labor Day - don't you love the name? It doesn't support smoking, drinking or wasting time on Facebook (bad habits all), there is a theater company by that name. It was my first 5K a year ago.

Abby
Can't wait to see your results! Rest, relax, but don't over eat today.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Ran my cross country 5k this morning, very hilly and fun and ran it in 25:07. Me and another runner kept passing each other during the course and he ended up barely beating me to a 3rd place finish in our age group.
He ran a 25:04.9 to my 25:07- so close...after the race, we were comparing notes and he said he was impressed by my hill climbing speed

So, I'm doing a double header next weekend- Saturday will be a 5k "fun run" to benefit a local playground that was destroyed by an arsonist and Sunday will be a 10k tribute run for the 9/11 and will benefit the orphans and widows of First responders and the Wounded Warriors Project.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

SW07;
Sounds like you had a great 5K. Next weekend sounds challenging with a double header. What age group did you finish 3rd in? (If you don't mine sharing?)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW07;
Sounds like you had a great 5K. Next weekend sounds challenging with a double header. What age group did you finish 3rd in? (If you don't mine sharing?)
The age group was 40-49 (I'm 45) and it was small race- I think a total of 36 runners competing. It seems the smaller races have the 9yr span in the age div. The guy that barely beat me was 47
Old 09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Ran my cross country 5k this morning, very hilly and fun and ran it in 25:07. Me and another runner kept passing each other during the course and he ended up barely beating me to a 3rd place finish in our age group.
He ran a 25:04.9 to my 25:07- so close...after the race, we were comparing notes and he said he was impressed by my hill climbing speed

Wow, that's an amazing time,with hills et all!

I am proud of my 27.01 (not a PR but I am happy with it) I am first in my age / gender group but a smalll field, still,loads of fun!

I'll be rooting for you SW
Abby
Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

I am proud of my 27.01 (not a PR but I am happy with it) I am first in my age / gender group but a smalll field, still,loads of fun!

Abby
You should be proud:1st in Age & Gender- WooHoo! Congrats!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby

WAY TO GO! Abby gets the top podium position! WHOO HOOO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.