Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Best race of the year!!!
Ran (kinda shuffled the really long ones) up all the hills and flew down the downhills. No, none, nadda cramp, which is a first all season, and felt super at the finish line. My legs aren't even that sore today.

Whoo hoo - a great way to end the running season.
Awesome!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday

Hello there,
I am new to FitDay but not new to running. I am training for a half marathon. I can do 6 - 8 miles right now. 8 miles is tough but I can do it.
So I thought this thread would be good for me!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Luaths
Hello there,
I am new to FitDay but not new to running. I am training for a half marathon. I can do 6 - 8 miles right now. 8 miles is tough but I can do it.
So I thought this thread would be good for me!

Hey Luaths,
Congrats on training for a 1/2. Let us know if you have questions or just need an occassional kick in the pants (we all do from time to time ).
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default My Second 5K

Well, it's not as great an inspiring header as "My First 5K" (or 10 K, or Half....), but I'm proud of it. My running group is getting out in matching T shirts for this one - it's along Carson Beach which is part of the waterfront in Boston, curves beautifully around a bay called "Pleasure Bay" - until 15 years ago, you wouldn't want to breathe there, but now, thanks to the Clean Water Act, it is really pleasant.

Next Thursday, after work... please no heat waves!

Abby
Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Well, it's not as great an inspiring header as "My First 5K" (or 10 K, or Half....), but I'm proud of it. My running group is getting out in matching T shirts for this one - it's along Carson Beach which is part of the waterfront in Boston, curves beautifully around a bay called "Pleasure Bay" - until 15 years ago, you wouldn't want to breathe there, but now, thanks to the Clean Water Act, it is really pleasant.

Next Thursday, after work... please no heat waves!

Abby

Go Abby Go!
You could have headlined "My first 5K this year"
So glad to see you signed up. It looks like you have found a very nice running team.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Question Should I do Yoga before a 5K?

Yoga is from 7 to 8 AM - I have a 5K at 6:30 PM - will taking yoga (which is a pretty strenuous class) help or hurt?

Abby
Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yoga is from 7 to 8 AM - I have a 5K at 6:30 PM - will taking yoga (which is a pretty strenuous class) help or hurt?

Abby

Help, for sure. Howver, it is always a good idea to take a couple of days to rest before the "big race". Best of luck, my dear!!!

I think I am seeing a competator emerging. But the bottom line (where ever you finish) is to finish with the feeling that you would like to run the next race. Maybe a better PR, maybe a better cause, or maybe just for the fun of it!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I also e-mailed the question to the yoga instructor, who suggested it was a good idea - she's actually done a lot of work with runners, helping people prepare for The Marathon (we don't bother say "Boston" here), one of her points was thinking well about my breathing would be beneficial. I went this morning, and it was an amazing class, I feel wonderful!

And yes, I agree, finishing to want the next race is a great way to think about it!

Abby
Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

27.31 - finished in position 503 in a field of 1054 - I'm pretty proud of myself!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Awesome!

27.31 - finished in position 503 in a field of 1054 - I'm pretty proud of myself!
Abby that is TERRIFIC! Super job. So did you finish feeling that you were ready to sign up for another race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.