TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club >

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

HC, I've got a question regarding carb loading and or the balance regarding carbs vs. protein.
I've trained myself to keep the carb limit low regarding my general diet, but since I've been going on longer runs, I've noticed my sweat has an ammonia odor to it.

I googled it and found it's due to my body burning protein for energy once the carb energy has been depleted. Do you have any advice on this?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by pubd2b
New new new~ !!

I haven't been a good girl, and I have poor body shape to show for it. But starting this week, I decided to get back on track and tonight I walked for 2 miles. I only averaged about 2.06 MPH but it is definitely a start! Love Fitday!!
Welcome pubd2b!
Feels good to get moving again doesn't it. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
HC, I've got a question regarding carb loading and or the balance regarding carbs vs. protein.
I've trained myself to keep the carb limit low regarding my general diet, but since I've been going on longer runs, I've noticed my sweat has an ammonia odor to it.

I googled it and found it's due to my body burning protein for energy once the carb energy has been depleted. Do you have any advice on this?
Yes. Up your carb intake. When you deplete your glycogen stores, up to 15 % of calories come from breaking down muscle in order to use the protein for energy.

You can only improve your fat burning capacity only so far. You'll never be able to burn fat at the same rate as burning glycogen. The reason runners slow down when they "hit the wall" is because fat burning can only be done with oxygen(no anaerobic running) and it's at a much slower rate.

While restricting carbs to improve fat burning can help extend glycogen stores for a marathon, it will hinder training for and racing 5K/10Ks.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks HC, I upped my carb intake all last week and had an awesome 10k race this past Monday. I had plenty of energy and no ammonia sweat
I ran a 45:35, 7:21 pace and came in 6th in my age div.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Thanks HC, I upped my carb intake all last week and had an awesome 10k race this past Monday. I had plenty of energy and no ammonia sweat
I ran a 45:35 and came in 6th in my age div.

Whooo hoooo! you da man, SW!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Whooo hoooo! you da man, SW!
Thanks! I knew I ran well, but did not see the results till this morning-made my day!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

This walking running team is a great idea. I use to gym but i have started walking and incorporating jogging. I am doing it to lose weight and be healthy.
LETS GO TEAM FITDAY, LETS SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ancia
This walking running team is a great idea. I use to gym but i have started walking and incorporating jogging. I am doing it to lose weight and be healthy.
LETS GO TEAM FITDAY, LETS SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!
Yeah! Another teammate! Welcome Ancia.
I really need the aerobic workout to lose the weight. I am an avid CrossFitter (high intensity weights workouts), which really builds strength and muscle tone, but it's the running or biking that really allows me to shed the pounds.

Have you set up any goals yet?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Last race of the season

Holcomb Valley 15miler.
2 years ago I was on track to kill a PR, but ended up with the most severe leg cramps I have ever had. This year I am armed with every anti-cramp system I know of.

I'll let you know how it goes
Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Last and best race of the season.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Holcomb Valley 15miler.
2 years ago I was on track to kill a PR, but ended up with the most severe leg cramps I have ever had. This year I am armed with every anti-cramp system I know of.

I'll let you know how it goes

Best race of the year!!!
Ran (kinda shuffled the really long ones) up all the hills and flew down the downhills. No, none, nadda cramp, which is a first all season, and felt super at the finish line. My legs aren't even that sore today.

Whoo hoo - a great way to end the running season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.