TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Good luck Mike!

When you get back "we" need to help you solve your blister issues. Sore feet after 13 miles is to be expected, but you really shouldn't be experienceing the blistering problem you are.

I hope the weather holds and you have an awesome day .

Well done SW.... 2nd in your age is a nice totem. I have to admit that I really do like the smaller races.

HC, Mike is a walker - a really fast walker and about as obstinate as swamp water. So I am sure he'll do the 1/2, hell or high water (which, by the way, is becoming much more of a reality than I am comfortable with!)
Old 09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
When you get back "we" need to help you solve your blister issues. Sore feet after 13 miles is to be expected, but you really shouldn't be experienceing the blistering problem you are.
I hope he gets through it OK, I've seen too many injuries made much worse by being stubborn at the wrong time.

(I assume he's having trouble with the back injury he mentioned upthread.)

Mike, describe your blisters, there's a number of reasons but clues can narrow it down.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

The blisters aren't bad this time, the biggest is a little bigger than a pencil eraser. Not of them are "water" blister. Just a litle air in them. I hope they don't get worse. I have body glide and moleskin to help me out.

As for my back, as long as I walk it my back should be okay. I think the pounding from jogging would probably set me back. I'm going to take an Aleve before the race to help with inflammation and I have a Lidoderm patch for my back.

I also bought a TENS machine to help me out for any after race pain.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Blisters are not normal and whatever is causing them needs correcting. Where on your foot are they developing?

Both feet or only one?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Just left, on front inside ball.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

OK, several possibilities.

Crown of the road.
Check the inside of the shoe for a seam.
Almost everyone's feet are different sizes though not enough to be a problem. You may have enough of a size difference to make shoe fit a problem.
Your left foot pronates more, check the sole wear pattern.

Do you wear socks? There are double layer socks for the blister-prone.
Don't wear cotton socks.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mile 4. 13.42 pace
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! You guys really accomplish some great goals! When I started reading this thread my main goal was to just get back into the routine of a daily walk with my dog and hopefully hubby. Sounds like I need to think about setting my sights a bit higher! : )

I've started wearing my pedometer to work again, and Friday it said I logged just over 5 miles. It was an 8 hour day of being on my feet, but it seemed excessive, so I might need to re-set it. Although my walk this morning logged in at about 2 miles, and that did seem about right...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

I finished the 1/2 in 3:03. No change in my blisters, around mile 10 it felt like the were getting worse but the weren't.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by micklyons
Wow! You guys really accomplish some great goals! When I started reading this thread my main goal was to just get back into the routine of a daily walk with my dog and hopefully hubby. Sounds like I need to think about setting my sights a bit higher! : )

I've started wearing my pedometer to work again, and Friday it said I logged just over 5 miles. It was an 8 hour day of being on my feet, but it seemed excessive, so I might need to re-set it. Although my walk this morning logged in at about 2 miles, and that did seem about right...
What kind of pedometer do you have? The mechanical types only measure the number of strides and can't adjust for stride length.

Walking outdoors on level ground makes it easier to maintain a consistent stride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.